If you’re not up-to-date on the Suicide Squad, then this article will contain some spoilers for you. Look away.
Recently the Squad defeated General Zod, but when Rick Flagg sacrificed himself to close the Phantom Zone, it left the team without a leader. The loss has shook the team, especially Harley Quinn who seems to be slipping from her recent heroic ways. The video below from DC All-Access has an interview with Suicide Squad writer Rob Williams talking about what’s next and who might take lead. Issue #20, with art by Stjepan Sejic, involves going through the team to see who should be the new leader. Katana seems like the obvious choice, being the only true hero on the team. But has she been around them too long? And who would want to lead this group?
As for Harley, what’s hitting her the most is that Rick was a symbol for her, a light at the end of the tunnel showing her that she might one day be sane again. Now that light has been snuffed out. It leaves her in a very dark place where she is closer to being the Joker than her old self. As for the future of the series, the new arc will take readers through #25 and then #26 is part of the Gotham Resistance that comes up as a fall out from the new Metal storyline and crossover with Green Arrow and Teen Titans.
- Suicide Squad 2 To Start Production Next Year According To Joel Kinnaman
- Lying In The Gutters - 4th June 2017 - Amazon. Marvel. Kindle. Explosion!
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018