Bleeding Cool has been reporting that Marc Silvestri was creating a new Batman comic book since, well, the launch of the New 52. And he has, it’s just taken some time to come through. Well, now we have some more information on what exactly the comic book is.
Because it’s not just a Batman comic. It’s a Batman/Joker team up comic book from DC Comics. Six issues. A mini-series. Written and drawn by Witchblade/Darkness creator, and Image Comics/Top Cow founder Marc Silvestri, And edited by Top Cow’s Matt Hawkins.
What could team the ultimate hero and the ultimate villain together? What common cause could bind them over six issues before the inevitavle betrayal? Did Marc Silvestri, like so many DC Comics creators, sit watching this year’s series of Doctor Who going “oh come on, that’s at the printing presses already…”
Marc Silvestri has been working on this comic for some time and various artwork sneak peeks have emerged over the years. We first reported on it in 2014. Last year we heard it would be part of DC Rebirth. But neither was to be.
Here are a few of those peeks…
- Warning: USA Today Spoil That Batman #24 Cliffhanger In The Headline... But Will You Not Have To Wait As Long As You Think? (SPOILERS)
- Book Expo: Every Book Nerd’s Safe Haven
- No Batman #24 For The UK Next Week... Diamond Apologises For Any Inconvenience
- The Boy Who Cried Penguin - Josh Gad Teases Batman Movie Role Again
- Salt Lake Comic Con Gets a New Name, the FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention - December 15, 2017
- Extended Preview of Axis & Atlas #1, the New Titan Comic That’s “a Cross Between Asterix and Bone” - December 15, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: Getting Rid of the Dead Shoplifters Before the Secret Shopper Arrives - December 15, 2017
- Sir Derek Jacobi to Play the Voice of God in Good Omens TV Series - December 15, 2017
- Marvel Comics Asks Retailers to Hold on to Ed Piskor’s Corner Box - December 15, 2017