Bleeding Cool has been reporting that Marc Silvestri was creating a new Batman comic book since, well, the launch of the New 52. And he has, it’s just taken some time to come through. Well, now we have some more information on what exactly the comic book is.
Because it’s not just a Batman comic. It’s a Batman/Joker team up comic book from DC Comics. Six issues. A mini-series. Written and drawn by Witchblade/Darkness creator, and Image Comics/Top Cow founder Marc Silvestri, And edited by Top Cow’s Matt Hawkins.
What could team the ultimate hero and the ultimate villain together? What common cause could bind them over six issues before the inevitavle betrayal? Did Marc Silvestri, like so many DC Comics creators, sit watching this year’s series of Doctor Who going “oh come on, that’s at the printing presses already…”
Marc Silvestri has been working on this comic for some time and various artwork sneak peeks have emerged over the years. We first reported on it in 2014. Last year we heard it would be part of DC Rebirth. But neither was to be.
Here are a few of those peeks…
- Warning: USA Today Spoil That Batman #24 Cliffhanger In The Headline... But Will You Not Have To Wait As Long As You Think? (SPOILERS)
- Book Expo: Every Book Nerd’s Safe Haven
- No Batman #24 For The UK Next Week... Diamond Apologises For Any Inconvenience
- The Boy Who Cried Penguin - Josh Gad Teases Batman Movie Role Again
- Christopher Jones’ Cover For Doctor Who Day’s Thirteenth Doctor #1 - October 16, 2018
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018