In September, IDW’s new line of original Star Wars comics geared toward Young Readers launches with Star Wars Adventures, a line of comics, separate from Marvel’s line of Star Wars comics, that IDW Editor-In-Chief Chris Ryall said will “develop the next generation of Star Wars readers that then gravitate to the Marvel comics later on,” which maybe kind of implies that Marvel isn’t capable of doing that themselves (and if so, sick burn, Ryall). But before that comic hit stands, IDW has another Star Wars offering on the way, according to THR. The publisher will release a Star Wars: The Force Awakens graphic novel geared toward young readers, part of Disney’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi promotion, in August.
The comic is written by Allesandro Ferrari with art from “a group of Disney artists,” also responsible for young reader graphic novel adaptations of the first six Star Wars movies released by Lucasfilm, according to the report. The art style is said to be intended to “bridge the gap between Star Wars and traditional Disney animation,” and while reading THR or Newsarama’s reports might leave you wondering what exactly that means, since they only have the cover to show and treat this as a brand new announcement, Bleeding Cool can EXCLUSIVELY reveal… that this comic was announced a year ago at San Diego Comic Con, and there are already preview pages out there.
As a result, you can check out our EXCLUSIVE (for 2017) preview below:
- Gaming Like A Bond Villain: We Review Noblechairs' EPIC Series
- IDW Lost $1.8 Million in Q1 2017, Raising Another $10 Million
- Video: Jar Jar Binks Pressures Ron Howard For Han Solo Movie Role
- Feel The Force of A New Jedi's Effect On Advance Reorders
- IDW Launches Star Wars Adventures, Duck Tales, Samurai Jack, Infinite Loop, Wormwood, Half Past Danger, I Am A Number And The Limbo Lounge
- Over $200,000 Of Star Wars Collectibles Stolen In California
- Life After Star Wars: The Fillbach Brothers Talk About Their Own Graphic Novels
- Some People Are Realising That Star Wars' Doctor Aphra Might Just Be Gay
- Valiant Reboots Website, Offers Free #1 Issues As Jumping-On Points - July 27, 2017
- Nick Spencer Stops Tweeting So Much; Twitter Stock Drops Dramatically - July 27, 2017
- Meet Marvel’s 1,000,000 BC Avengers: Phoenix, Iron Fist, And Agamotto – A Modern Stone-Age Family - July 27, 2017
- Marvel And Fox, Sitting In A Tree, Making A Mobile Action RPG - July 27, 2017
- Tank Girl Strikes Again For 30th Anniversary, From Alan Martin And Brett Parson At Titan Comics - July 27, 2017