For Michael Keaton, appearing as a costumed character in Spider-Man: Homecoming is not his first rodeo. The veteran actor, who has appeared as Batman, Birdman and Beetlejuice, will be taking on the role of Adrian Toomes / The Vulture opposite of Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man. Having played the hero, taking on the villain could’ve been a daunting task, but with years of source material to help him, what Vulture stories do you think Keaton decided to read to help prepare for the role?
There are many good ones like the Origin of Adrian Tomes (Amazing Spider-Man, vol. 1, #240-241), Duel to the Death With the Vulture! (Amazing Spider-Man, vol. 1, #2), The Blackie Drago Saga (Amazing Spider-Man, vol. 1, #48-49 and #63), Life Theft (Amazing Spider-Man, vol. 1, #386-388), A Different Kind of Vulture (Amazing Spider-Man, vol. 1, # 593-594 and #623-624) or Funeral Arrangements (Spectacular Spider-Man #186-188).
Knowing what he read can often give clues to the plot of the upcoming film. So which stories did he read?
Turns out the correct answer is none. When asked if he read any comics to prepare for the role, as you can see below, Keaton simply said ‘no’.
— Spider-Man (@SpiderManMovie) June 25, 2017
Spider-Man: Homecoming opens July 7th.
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: Answer to the Black Canary Image from this Weekend - March 19, 2018
- Freeform Releases New Poster for Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger - March 19, 2018
- Syfy’s Nightflyers Changes Showrunners Before Pilot is Filmed - March 19, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Will Have John Constantine Full-Time - March 19, 2018
- Joseph Michael Linsner and Kristina Deak-Linsner Team for New Vampirella Series - March 19, 2018