Last time we talked about the Pixel Pals from PDP, we got a copy of Ryu and Chun-Li from Street Fighter to review. Since then, a few things have changed. First, PDP just got a TON of new IPs to add to their collection, which they showed off at E3 this year and we’ll start seeing those come out shortly. All I can say to them so far is that they are awesome and I need them all in my house right this moment.
When I got home from E3, I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me. Two of the new Pixel Pals they just created were delivered to my door! The Joker and Harley Quinn from DC Comics. This was one of the new sets of lights I really wanted to have, along with a Batman one that was featured in the DC set they had on display. Each one stands about the same height as the previous models with the same plastic molding and carefully chosen placement of each color pixel. I love the detaul that went into Joker’s hair with two shades of green and his purple suit.
Not to be outdone, Harley Quinn’s outfit looks like a lot of time and care were put into giving her the cross-color effect of the black and red, while still adding a few squares of each color on both sides for the playing card symbols she has on both legs. Both run the same as the previous models on two AAA batteries that are easy to change out, with an on/off switch on the back. The only issue I had with them is that my Harley figure seemed to have a dimmer light than the Joker, as you can see below. And there’s no clear way to open them up and change out the bulb. It’s something I need to find out how to do because I wany my Harley to shine!
These are both great additions to the mix of Pixel Pals and I’m so happy to have them in my now growing collection. All three of what we’ll call the “Batman Set” will be available in mid-July on PDP’s website. There are a lot more of these on the way as they look to be the electronic version of Funko Pop figures, so I can’t wait to see the new designs as they start to roll out.
- Two Random Items From Pixel Pals: Dragonborn Meets Superman
- Pixel Pals Jumps Back Into The Fight With More Street Fighter
- Pixel Pals Travel To A Couple Realms In Nintendo
- The Night Light This City Deserves: A New Set Of Pixel Pals Is Released
- A Remote Control I Desperately Needed: We Review PDP's PS4 Media Remote
- Lighting Up Your Geeky Home: We Review The 'Street Fighter' Pixel Pals
- Short Switch Trips With Protection In The Premium Console Case
- Finding A Weird Comfort As We Review The Joy-Con Gel Guards
- These Zelda Chat Earbuds Look Sweet, But Do They Sound Sweet?
- FuRyu Corporation Announces Crystar to be Released in October - June 20, 2018
- Scuf Gaming Brings Their New PS4 Vantage Controller to E3 - June 19, 2018
- The Gorgeous Beauty of Rend As Seen at This Year’s E3 - June 19, 2018
- Fighting With Mechs in Space with Konami’s Zone of the Enders - June 19, 2018
- Konami Unveil Their Latest Sports Title For the Switch: Hyper Sports R - June 19, 2018