One of the many strange changes coming with Super Mario Odyssey is the ability to use Mario’s hat to possess all sorts of objects – animate and inanimate alike. So with all the hat possessions memes going around, one dedicated fan and YouTuber named Kaze Emanuar put together a mod for Super Mario 64 so you can start practicing all your hat shenanigans before Super Mario Odyssey launches on October 27th.
The decades old platformer is still a fan favorite, especially with it being Mario’s first 3D appearance. So it is a great platform for fan mods. And Kaze Emanuar’s mod allows players to use Mario’s hat to control enemies similar to how it’s used in Super Mario Odyssey. It just doesn’t have the same bug-eyed death stare as in Odyssey. Which actually makes the mod look like a saner version of that hat posession trick. If you don’t believe me, you can check out the mod in action below.
- See 10 Minutes Of 'Super Mario Odyssey' From Japan Expo 2017
- There Is No "Game Over" In 'Super Mario Odyssey'
- Tokyo RPG Factory’s Lost Sphear Has An Official Launch Date - July 25, 2017
- CD Projekt Red Are Hosting A Gwent Tournament At Gamescom - July 25, 2017
- Bluehole Studios And The ESL Are Hosting A PlayerUnkown’s Battlegrounds Tourney At Gamescom - July 25, 2017
- Dead By Daylight’s Next Killer, The Huntress, Hits PC On Thursday - July 25, 2017
- Destiny 2’s Social Space Will Open Today For One Hour Only - July 23, 2017