One of the many strange changes coming with Super Mario Odyssey is the ability to use Mario’s hat to possess all sorts of objects – animate and inanimate alike. So with all the hat possessions memes going around, one dedicated fan and YouTuber named Kaze Emanuar put together a mod for Super Mario 64 so you can start practicing all your hat shenanigans before Super Mario Odyssey launches on October 27th.
The decades old platformer is still a fan favorite, especially with it being Mario’s first 3D appearance. So it is a great platform for fan mods. And Kaze Emanuar’s mod allows players to use Mario’s hat to control enemies similar to how it’s used in Super Mario Odyssey. It just doesn’t have the same bug-eyed death stare as in Odyssey. Which actually makes the mod look like a saner version of that hat posession trick. If you don’t believe me, you can check out the mod in action below.
- See 10 Minutes Of 'Super Mario Odyssey' From Japan Expo 2017
- There Is No "Game Over" In 'Super Mario Odyssey'
- King’s Knight: Wrath Of The Dark Dragon - September 8, 2017
- Did We Really Need Far Cry 5? - September 8, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Doesn’t Feel Like An Assassin’s Creed Game - September 8, 2017
- Dishonored 2: Death Of The Outsider At PAX West - September 8, 2017
- The Evil Within 2 Might Just Have Been The Best Game Demo Ever - September 8, 2017