One of the many strange changes coming with Super Mario Odyssey is the ability to use Mario’s hat to possess all sorts of objects – animate and inanimate alike. So with all the hat possessions memes going around, one dedicated fan and YouTuber named Kaze Emanuar put together a mod for Super Mario 64 so you can start practicing all your hat shenanigans before Super Mario Odyssey launches on October 27th.
The decades old platformer is still a fan favorite, especially with it being Mario’s first 3D appearance. So it is a great platform for fan mods. And Kaze Emanuar’s mod allows players to use Mario’s hat to control enemies similar to how it’s used in Super Mario Odyssey. It just doesn’t have the same bug-eyed death stare as in Odyssey. Which actually makes the mod look like a saner version of that hat posession trick. If you don’t believe me, you can check out the mod in action below.
- See 10 Minutes Of 'Super Mario Odyssey' From Japan Expo 2017
- There Is No "Game Over" In 'Super Mario Odyssey'
- Unique Social Gay RPG Gaydorado Fills an Odd Niche - March 20, 2018
- Elder Dice, Bringing a Bit of Eldritch Horror to All Your Tabletop Games - March 20, 2018
- Halo vs. Larry Niven’s Ringworld — Just How Similar Are They? - March 20, 2018
- Kitty Powers’ Love Life Review: Like The Sims but More Relationship-Focused - March 20, 2018
- Light Tracer Review: A Pretty, Kid-Friendly VR Puzzle Platformer - March 20, 2018