Bleeding Cool is receiving reliably sourced information about a new Fantastic Four movie being developed at Fox Studios. And while the most recent movie reinvented the Fantastic Four as youngsters, along the lines of the Ultimate Fantastic Four comic book, the movie swings to the other end of the spectrum. Instead, it will concentrate on Franklin and Valeria, the children of Reed Richards and Susan Storm. While still having the Thing and the Human Torch along for the ride.
Indeed, the whole movie will be kid-centric with a vibe far more reminiscent of The Incredibles. In an instant, this will totally separate the movie from the previous failed attempt. But also mean there’s no actual need for a reboot. And, yes, we know this is full of generics. So how about something specific? Go on then.
The current draft of the proposed new Fantastic Four movie is written by Seth Grahame-Smith.
He is best known as the author (okay, co-author) of the novel Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, as well as Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, both of which have been adapted as movies. Grahame-Smith is also the co-creator, head writer and executive producer of The Hard Times of RJ Berger, a TV comedy series on MTV.
But he also did some script polishing on the Josh Trank movie.
He has some Marvel comic book chops too — he wrote The Spider-Man Handbook: The Ultimate Training Manual, an examination of Marvel Comics’ Spider-Man, with an introduction by Stan Lee. And the Hulk issue of Marvel Zombies Return with artist Richard Elson.
As part of the deal done during Marvel’s bankruptcy in the nineties, Fox Studios have the license to make Fantastic Four movies as long as they keep doing so. This is something that has caused the current Marvel executives considerable displeasure, to the extent that they cancelled the Fantastic Four comic books, and licensing for T-shirts, posters, calendars, toys, games, cards and statues as a result.
I get the feeling that this isn’t going to make them any happier.
- 'Fantastic Four 2' Probably Won't Happen And In Other News Water Is Wet
- James Gunn Dispels Rumors Of More Fox/Marvel Collaboration
- Producer Simon Kinberg Wants To Try The Fantastic Four Again
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – Thor, Cable, Batman And Rugrats In A Comic Show - October 17, 2017
- How Did Unknown Creator David Jesus Vignolli Get Boom! To Publish His Comic A Girl In The Himalayas? He Just Sent It In… - October 17, 2017
- Major Misprint On Mighty Thor #700… Will Marvel Recall Copies? - October 17, 2017
- How DC Comics Is Opposing The Superman Jesus Trademark Of Stacey Lee - October 17, 2017
- Now Raina Telgemeier’s Drama Banned In An Entire Educational District In Texas - October 17, 2017