DC Comics has announced the next creative team for Wonder Woman, taking over with issue #31. James Robinson, Carlo Pagulayan, and Emanuela Lupacchino will be handling the bi-weekly book for six months, kicking off with a new storyline titled “Children of the Gods.” The new team takes over from Shea Fontana, whose five issue run begins in July. In a way that only a man writing a comic starring a female superhero who just revitalized the DCEU in a blockbuster film directed by a woman can deliver, the story will shine a spotlight on Wonder Woman’s brother, Jason. From the press release:
Spinning out of the pages of DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH and JUSTICE LEAGUE: DARKSEID WAR, Robinson, Pagulayan and Lupacchino will answer one of the biggest questions of the year: Who is Wonder Woman’s brother? Taken away from Themyscira in the dead of night, the mysterious Jason (the only male ever born on the island) has been hidden somewhere far from the sight of gods and men…but his life and Wonder Woman’s are about to intersect in a terrifying way, bringing them face-to-face with a cosmic threat they never imagined!
In a somewhat strange move, DC highlights Robinson’s status as a 2013 GLAAD comics award nominee, even though Robinson is more recently known for collaborating with GLAAD to apologize after sparking controversy for its handling of transgender issues:
WONDER WOMAN #31, written by GLAAD-award nominee Robinson with art by Pagulayan, arrives in stores September 27. Here is a first look at Bryan Hitch’s cover for issue #31 featuring Wonder Woman, Darkseid’s daughter Grail and one of William Moulton Marston’s other famous creations, the legendary foe Giganta. Fans can also expect variant covers by Jenny Frison.
Earlier today, we also learned that Gail Simone will be writing Wonder Woman again as well, in a crossover with Conan drawn by Aaron Lopresti, published by Dark Horse in September.
Check out the cover to issue #31 below, hitting stores this Fall.
- Gail Simone Returns To Wonder Woman With Conan Crossover, Drawn By Aaron Lopresti
- DC Comics Launches "Showcase" Anthology For Magazine Stands
- Batman #22 And Flash #22 Did Beat Both Secret Empire #1 And Venom #150 To The Top Spot In May 2017 Diamond Comics Charts
- There Was One Scene In 'Wonder Woman' That Was Reshot
- [SPOILERS] Will Chris Pine Return For The 'Wonder Woman' Sequel?
- Darwyn Cooke Wonder Woman Leads An Impressive Original Art Auction This Week
- Nerd Food: Cinemark Offering Wonderful Wonder Woman Collectors Cup
- Zack Snyder And Others Share Their Thoughts On 'Wonder Woman'
- Sorry, Bleeding Cool Is Not Hosting A Wonder Woman Day Event At My House Tomorrow
- Wonder Woman Annual #1 (2017) Review- First Meetings, Samurai, Kaiju, and International Incidents
- Chris Pine Takes A Shot On Marvel And Compares Superhero Films To Modern Myths
- Wonder Woman Review: Yes - It's Really As Good As You've Been Hearing
- Stan Sakai Named Inaugural Joe Kubert Award Winner By Comic Con Revolution, Kubert School - May 20, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Acanti Sky-Whales, Brood-Wolves, and Flying Brood-Sharks, Oh My, in Weapon H #3 - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing – A Heel Turn for Weapon X in Hunt for Wolverine: The Claws of a Killer #1 - May 19, 2018
- Hasbro Trademarks the Smell of Play-Doh - May 19, 2018