The fourth season of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was really good. One of the reasons it was so good was that it broke the season into three smaller story lines and then brought those three lines together at the end. The first was Ghost Rider, the second was the LMD’s, and the third was The Framework. The Framework is essentially The Matrix and gave the writers a chance to do their version of a “What If?” comic. In this case the “What If?” was “What if HYDRA won?”
It’s an interesting little story that only lasts a handful of episodes. It gave the writers a chance to bring back some old faces, change up the status quo, and generally mess with the heads of their characters. The Framework was destroyed at the end of the season but there were some people wondering if we would ever see a version of that again. Over at Entertainment Weekly’s Spoiler Room they revealed that we’ve seen the last of the Framework (probably).
“Everything we do is based on not wanting to repeat our selves,” EP Jeff Bell says. “We’re trying to tell different kinds of stories and show our characters in different situations. The last thing we want is for people to say, ‘Oh, they’re trotting that thing out again.’ If there were a way to tell a fresh story with something else to say, I think all storytelling is on the table.”
So the show isn’t in any hurry to repeat itself but if they could come up with a good story they would be open to using it again. Apparently there is a fan on the team who it itching for more stories within the Framework.
“The Framework opened up a lot of ideas and a lot of possibilities, and our head of post keeps reminding us of that, because he’s the biggest fan of the Framework, and he thinks it should be its own spinoff show,” EP Jed Whedon says
Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return in January 2018 on ABC.
- Neil Marshall Can “Take Off The Cuffs” With The R-Rated ‘Hellboy’ Reboot - June 26, 2017
- ‘Godzilla: King Of The Monsters’ Director Tweets Call Sheet Listing Mothra, Rodan, And King Ghidorah - June 26, 2017
- Tom Holland Tries To Trick Us Into Watching ‘Iron Man 2’ Again By Confirming Fan Theory - June 26, 2017
- Patty Jenkins Thinks We Shouldn’t Compare Joss Whedon’s ‘Wonder Woman’ Script To Hers - June 26, 2017
- Deadpool 2: T.J. Miller Teases Possible Weasel And Dopinder Storyline - June 26, 2017