It has been 11 years since The Guild 2 was released on PC. Since then, Nordic Games took over the property and announced The Guild 3 back in 2014. This year at E3, THQ Nordic dropped in and presented the sequel, but not quite yet complete.
The demo we got to check out was a complete mockup of the town and what you’ll be doing in this version. You start off as a peasant living outside the castle walls, sometime around 1400 in Norther Europe. As you build your status and gain experience, you can raise yourself into being a proper townsfolk resident with responsibilities and stature, eventually making it all the way to being nobility.
But while The Guild 3 has some outlined goals, the adventure doesn’t just stop with you. As longa s you continue to create a bloodline, your ancestors will inherit your status and property, but with a new set of skills that may take them in a very different direction than the one you led. You could have been a pickpocketer who became a local tyrant, but then have a daughter who is far more educated and will take the family name on a more enlightened role.
The Guild 3 didn’t have a playable demo at E3, but the game is set to come out soon. I’d love a chance to try it out since the previous game has some good ideas with weird execution that made it a so-so title. It’ll be interesting to see what a new pair of eyes did with the IP.
- Alienware Show Off Their New Elite Gaming Gear At E3
- Examining The Art Behind 'The Last Night' At E3
- 'AquaNox Deep Descent' Gets New Life From THQ Nordic At E3
- The Thrill Of 'Battle Chasers: Nightwar' Makes Me Want To Dungeon Crawl
- THQ Nordic Has Announced Release Dates For SpellForce 3, ELEX, And Chasers: Nightwar
- THQ Nordic's Latest Trailer For 'ELEX' Looks Interesting
- Today's Sales Roundup: Civilization VI, Anima, THQ Nordic, And Xbox Live Gold
- Gaming Like A Bond Villain: We Review Noble Chairs’ Epic Series - June 26, 2017
- Check Out 15 Minutes Of Episode Prompto From ‘Final Fantasy XV’ - June 26, 2017
- We May Be Getting Doomfist In ‘Overwatch’ Sooner Than Later - June 26, 2017
- Is ‘Forza 7’ In 4K Update Really Worth The 100GB Loss? - June 26, 2017
- Nintendo Finally Releases Details On The Super NES Classic Edition - June 26, 2017