DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff “Jeff” Johns is the latest victim of a cyber crime! The DC movie mogul fell victim to fraud today when a fake twitter account purporting to belong to Joss Whedon began tweeting about Justice League, which the real Joss Whedon is finishing for Zack Snyder. Fake Whedon started off by gloating:
And announcing some of his plans:
After establishing credibility, Fake Whedon struck:
And Johns, caught off guard and believing he was speaking with the real Joss Whedon, revealed some major secrets about the upcoming movie:
Did I mention we're going to put Spider-Man and Scooby Doo in it? https://t.co/ayKbTrGPeW
— Geoff Johns (@geoffjohns) June 15, 2017
While a lot of us have already guessed that Scooby Doo will appear in Justice League, having Spider-Man join the DCEU is a huge coup, especially since Spider-Man: Homecoming is set to come out next month and the character is already firmly established in Marvel’s cinematic universe. It’s unknown how Johns was able to secure the Spider-Man rights from Sony, but this news has surely caused chaos in the Marvel offices today, as Avengers: Infinity War will surely need some major changes now.
Having secured the leaked confidential information from Johns, Fake Whedon quickly targeted another mark: Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins:
- They Were Filming Justice League Reshoots In Kempton Park Today. But I Got There Too Late.
- Albert Deschesne, Comic Book Letterer, Passes Away
- Stan Sakai Named Inaugural Joe Kubert Award Winner By Comic Con Revolution, Kubert School - May 20, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Acanti Sky-Whales, Brood-Wolves, and Flying Brood-Sharks, Oh My, in Weapon H #3 - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing – A Heel Turn for Weapon X in Hunt for Wolverine: The Claws of a Killer #1 - May 19, 2018
- Hasbro Trademarks the Smell of Play-Doh - May 19, 2018