AquaNox was a cool IP over 20 years that received some great praise for the innovative story and tactics used to convey it in an underwater environment. Sadly, when the game’s creator passed away, many of the games that followed weren’t exactly up to snuff and the series quietly went away around 2006. Thankfully, THQ Nordic was able to get their hands on the series and decided to do it some justice.
Acting as a prequel to the original set of games as to not ruin the story that never got finished, AquaNox: Deep Descent addresses how we first ended up underwater, how the factions formed and how one person could be the savior we all need to help repair the damage as a mysterious force slowly starts to eat up the unnatural items below,
We weren’t able to play the game but were given more of an overview and a demo by THQ, which looked pretty impressive and visually appears like a respective throwback to the originals while still holding the graphics of today. The game will feature a few different modes, including a hardcore mode that will force players to focus on a few things that are handled automatically by the game: energy and oxygen!
AquaNox Deep Descent should be due out later this year from THQ Nordic.
- 'BioMutant' Makes An Official Debut At Gamescom
- THQ Reveal Their Latest Game Before Gamescon: 'Black Mirror'
- Playing Legos And Traveling To Mordor With WB Games At E3
- 'The Guild 3' Debuts At E3, 11 Years After Last Sequel
- The Thrill Of 'Battle Chasers: Nightwar' Makes Me Want To Dungeon Crawl
- THQ Nordic Has Announced Release Dates For SpellForce 3, ELEX, And Chasers: Nightwar
- THQ Nordic's Latest Trailer For 'ELEX' Looks Interesting
- Today's Sales Roundup: Civilization VI, Anima, THQ Nordic, And Xbox Live Gold
- THQ Nordic Teases Surprises For PAX East Attendees
- Mobile Game Pigeon Pop Gets Caught Stealing Artwork - February 25, 2018
- Gust Announces Smartphone Release Of Atelier Marie Plus: The Alchemist of Salburg - February 24, 2018
- Bandai Namco Releases “The Residence” DLC for Little Nightmares - February 24, 2018
- Spike Chunsoft Will Reveal 4 New Localization Games at GDC 2018 - February 24, 2018
- Xbox Teases Rise of the Tomb Raider Headed to Xbox Game Pass - February 24, 2018