In the weirdest story you’re likely to read today, Canadian 1980s cover band The Cybertronic Spree, who not only dress up like but actually claim to be characters from the Transformers G1 cartoon series, is making a music video to raise awareness about carbon emissions. With a roster consisting of “robots from various warring factions who have set aside their eons-old differences in the name if bringing entertainment to humans,” Toronto’s G-rated version of GWAR apparently normally plays covers of eighties hits at places like comic conventions, but now they’re writing their own original rock anthem, with a music video directed by Steven Kostanski, of the 2011 cult classic film Manborg:
The reason The Cybertronic Spree is branching out with their soon-to-be hit single, Cybertronic Warrior? To fight global warming, of course! Nobody gets sued for trademark violation while they’re busy saving the planet!
“Like Cybertron, Earth is full of beauty but it’s also full of struggle and carbon emissions,” said lead vocalist Arcee in a press release. “Cybertronic Warrior is a rallying cry to load up your courage file, come together, and fight for the future of this crazy blue ball.”
The song and video are set to hit the net on June 22, and the video will also screen at Toronto’s What The Film Festival 2017 on June 24. You can bookmark their website to make sure you don’t miss it.
In the meantime, here’s a video of the band performing the theme from Pokemon:
- Future Transformers Sequel To Be Worst Thing To Ever Happen In Ancient Rome
- Transformers: The Last Knight To Make Death Of Your Childhood Quick And Painless, Says Michael Bay
- Transformers Bumblebee Prequel Targets Younger Audience To Destroy Childhoods While They're Still Happening
- There Are Fourteen More 'Transformers' Movies Outlined And I Don't Have A Joke For That
- In Massive Face Turn, Michael Bay To Take On Trump In Dystopian Movie "Little America"
- Stan Sakai Named Inaugural Joe Kubert Award Winner By Comic Con Revolution, Kubert School - May 20, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Acanti Sky-Whales, Brood-Wolves, and Flying Brood-Sharks, Oh My, in Weapon H #3 - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing – A Heel Turn for Weapon X in Hunt for Wolverine: The Claws of a Killer #1 - May 19, 2018
- Hasbro Trademarks the Smell of Play-Doh - May 19, 2018