20th Century Fox has “strategically invested” in comic book publisher BOOM! Studios, according to a press release just sent out on the wire. The movie studio will now hold “a significant minority stake in the largest independently-controlled comic book and graphic novel library,” citing features such as the publisher’s award-winning comic book properties, a unique ownership model wherein BOOM! and creators share ownership of properties, and BOOM!’s bold use of capital letters and punctuation in their company name. Perhaps most importantly, BOOM! now has the backing of a major Hollywood studio, just like competitors Marvel and DC, which could have a major impact on the industry.
To commemorate the occasion, representatives of both BOOM! and 20th Century Fox met during the witching hour on the most recent full moon in a secret wooded location to perform the sacred corporate ritual of Ocula Asino, in which high ranking executives exchange complimentary statements for a press release.
“Our industry’s soul is its storytelling and artistry, and as we continue to foster an environment at Fox that serves as a home for the world’s best storytellers, this investment in BOOM! allows us to work even more closely with their incredible stable of writers and artists,” said Fox CEO and Chairman Stacey Snider. “We look forward to the projects we have with them ahead, and are proud to have an opportunity to further energize their storytelling through this partnership.”
“Fox’s investment will fuel BOOM!’s generation of more original content like Lumberjanes, Mouse Guard, and Grass Kings. Fox has been an incredibly supportive partner and our creative alliance has been tremendously successful – high-level directors, big screenwriters, and marquee talent have found BOOM! an attractive platform. Now BOOM! can greenlight more new series from comic book creators, deepen its distribution relationships, and widen its marketing reach. Great news for our creators, retail partners, and fans. Fox is committed to BOOM!’s creators through this deal and it means BOOM! will have better support and resources to publish world-class content,” said Ross Richie, CEO and Founder of BOOM! Studios, before the pair sliced their palms with a ceremonial dagger and clasped their hands together, sealing an eternal blood oath, as several interns slaughtered a goat in sacrifice to X’algorn, the ancient god of cross-branded marketing synergy.
In addition to the ownership stake, Fox has also extended first-look deals with BOOM! for both movies and TV shows based on its properties.
- BOOM! Studios To Spoil Own San Diego Comic-Con Announcements Over Next Ten Days
- All Of Boom Studios Exclusives For San Diego Comic-Con 2017, Starting With An Adventure Time/Regular Show Crossover #SDCC17
- The Boom! Guarantee Shelf Displays Make It To Comic Stores, As Promised
- WWE Return Will Have to Wait as Dave Bautista Lands Lead in Action Comedy ‘Stuber’ - December 10, 2017
- Warner Bros. Crosses $2 Billion at the Box Office, but with Zack Snyder Cut, Could It Be $3 Billion? - December 10, 2017
- WWE Superstar Rich Swann Suspended After Domestic Violence Arrest - December 10, 2017
- Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn Blasts Donald Trump, Explains Fake News - December 9, 2017
- Amber Heard Responds to Yates, Rowling, and Warner Bros. on Johnny Depp Statements - December 9, 2017