Legendary actor and world’s biggest fan of the work of Dan Aykroyd, Dan Aykroyd, made headlines yesterday when he trashed Ghostbusters: Answer The Call director Paul Feig, blaming Feig for the movie failing to profitable enough to warrant a sequel. Though Aykroyd said he was happy with the way the film turned out and praised stars Kate McKinnon, Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, and Leslie Jones, he said that Feig would not be welcome back at Sony after the movie.
[Ghostbusters] made a lot of money around the world but just cost too much, making it economically not feasible to do another one. So that’s too bad. The director, he spent too much on it. He didn’t shoot scenes we suggested to him and several scenes that were going to be needed and he said, ‘Nah, we don’t need them.’ Then we tested the movie and they needed them and he had to go back. About $30 to $40-million in reshoots. So he will not be back on the Sony lot any time soon.
But Sony disagrees with Aykroyd’s claims, at least when it comes to price. In a statement to Deadline, Sony said the reshoots to Ghostbusters cost $3-4 million, not $30-40, making them unlikely to be the reason the movie didn’t make enough of a profit. Interestingly, Sony did not refute Aykroyd’s claims that Feig is persona non grata at the studio, so maybe we’ll see some more drama emerge in the coming week. We’ll keep you posted.
- Ivan Reitman Wants To Connect The Ghostbusters Movie Universes In A Future Film
- Dan Aykroyd Walks Back Attack On Ghostbusters Director Paul Feig, Then Walks Forward Again
- Dan Aykroyd Blasts Paul Feig, Says Director Is Not Welcome At Sony After Ghostbusters: Answer The Call
- Ghostbusters Director Paul Feig Would Use Time Machine To Ignore The Internet; We Would Buy More #EctoCooler
- Another Year of Rick and Morty Presents One-Shots on the Way from Oni Press - December 10, 2018
- Best-Selling Author Gaby Dunn Makes Comics Debut with Claire Roe in Bury the Lede OGN - December 10, 2018
- Greg Goldstein Out at IDW as Chris Ryall Returns as President, Publisher, and CCO - December 10, 2018
- Next Week’s Miles Morales: Spider-Man #1 Starts Off with a Really Bad Idea - December 10, 2018
- Silver Surfer Suffers From the Donald Duck Effect in Next Week’s The Best Defense - December 10, 2018