Chicago rooftop bar Noyane, a Japanese restaurant and open bar opened in the Conrad Hotel.
In a slightly different approach, the menu is filled with a comics strip story taking an adventurer through trials like answering the riddles of a dragon and facing the villain Yamakazi (named after a Japanese whiskey).
But hey this unusual method for adding character to a menu listing cocktails, bar food and beers? Well, it’s a lot more practical than you might imagine. Greg Howe, vice president of licensing agreements with Richard Sandoval Restaurants, says about the comic strips from artist Eric Wedum who handled artwork and dialogue,
“Up here a piece of paper would blow away, so we were going to have to anchor the menu somehow. We also wanted to add more fun to the experience.”
It certainly makes for a fun way to get through a whole menu, more than a simple list would be, that’s for sure. So, does anyone fancy going for a drink?
- Barzinga At The Five Points Festival: Beer! Toys! Comics!
- Barzinga! Stories Of Marvel, DC, And True Love - With Special Guest Star Doug Moench!
- Barzinga's Free Comic Book Day Adventure!
- Smelling Comics, Drinking Beer, Eating Pizza. Barzinga at C2E2!
- Generation X #7 Review: With A Change Of Focus, The Series Is Really Improving - October 18, 2017
- Big Bang Theory Hints At Another Hero In The Upcoming Justice League Film - October 18, 2017
- Champions #16 Cover May Reveal More About The Future Of The Team Than Intended - October 17, 2017
- The Samurai Slasher Returns For One Final Outing On Kickstarter - October 17, 2017
- National Coming Out Day: 5 Superheroes Who Came Out Of The Closet - October 11, 2017