Chicago rooftop bar Noyane, a Japanese restaurant and open bar opened in the Conrad Hotel.
In a slightly different approach, the menu is filled with a comics strip story taking an adventurer through trials like answering the riddles of a dragon and facing the villain Yamakazi (named after a Japanese whiskey).
But hey this unusual method for adding character to a menu listing cocktails, bar food and beers? Well, it’s a lot more practical than you might imagine. Greg Howe, vice president of licensing agreements with Richard Sandoval Restaurants, says about the comic strips from artist Eric Wedum who handled artwork and dialogue,
“Up here a piece of paper would blow away, so we were going to have to anchor the menu somehow. We also wanted to add more fun to the experience.”
It certainly makes for a fun way to get through a whole menu, more than a simple list would be, that’s for sure. So, does anyone fancy going for a drink?
- Barzinga At The Five Points Festival: Beer! Toys! Comics!
- Barzinga! Stories Of Marvel, DC, And True Love - With Special Guest Star Doug Moench!
- Barzinga's Free Comic Book Day Adventure!
- Smelling Comics, Drinking Beer, Eating Pizza. Barzinga at C2E2!
- Super Sons #11 Review: Round 2 of the Crossover Explains the Mission and Ends with a Bang - December 12, 2017
- Superman #37 Review: A Bold, Brash, Loud Start to Super Sons of Tomorrow Crossover - December 12, 2017
- Damage #1 Review: Something in this Gorgeous Book Could Prove Interesting - December 12, 2017
- Judas #1 Review: A Gorgeous New Book that is Mysterious and Intriguing - December 11, 2017
- Loki to be Pansexual and Gender Fluid in New Series of Marvel Anti-Hero Books in 2019 - December 11, 2017