Yesterday, we learned that the long-awaited (by somebody) sequel to Top Gun 2 was in the works and would film sometime this year, according to a revelation from star Tom Cruise on an Australian talk show. Now, Variety is reporting that Joseph Kosinski, who directed Cruise’s lukewarm 2013 sci-fi movie Oblivion, is Paramount’s frontrunner to direct the Top Gun sequel. Val Kilmer is also said to be interested in returning. And while we haven’t heard anything specifically, we’re confident in saying that Charlie Sheen would be willing to return for a Hot Shots sequel as well.
Though the announcement that the movie would film later this years seems sudden, Variety reports that Cruise was interviewing potential directors even before filming Mission Impossible 6. The movie will reportedly show a world where fighter pilot aces are being phased out in favor of drones, which is for the best really, as it leaves more time for scantily-clothed volleyball games. Everybody wins!
- Impact Wrestling Co-Founder Jerry Jarrett Shares His Steamy Jim Cornette/Hillary Clinton Fanfic - May 26, 2018
- The Gentleman: Darkness of the Void – Pandering Horror to the Unrepresented - May 26, 2018
- BOOM! Studios and Natalie Nourigat Want to Teach You How to Break Into Animation - May 25, 2018
- Image Offers Unsold C2E2 Analog #1 Variants Now That It’s Being Adapted for Film - May 25, 2018
- Walking Dead Collectible Sparks Racism Controversy at North Carolina Credit Union - May 25, 2018