Yesterday, we learned that the long-awaited (by somebody) sequel to Top Gun 2 was in the works and would film sometime this year, according to a revelation from star Tom Cruise on an Australian talk show. Now, Variety is reporting that Joseph Kosinski, who directed Cruise’s lukewarm 2013 sci-fi movie Oblivion, is Paramount’s frontrunner to direct the Top Gun sequel. Val Kilmer is also said to be interested in returning. And while we haven’t heard anything specifically, we’re confident in saying that Charlie Sheen would be willing to return for a Hot Shots sequel as well.
Though the announcement that the movie would film later this years seems sudden, Variety reports that Cruise was interviewing potential directors even before filming Mission Impossible 6. The movie will reportedly show a world where fighter pilot aces are being phased out in favor of drones, which is for the best really, as it leaves more time for scantily-clothed volleyball games. Everybody wins!
- Rousey, Flair, Bryan, Lesnar, and Enzo Amore Top WWE Survivor Series Highlights - November 19, 2018
- Goodbye, Stan Lee [X-ual Healing 11-14-18] - November 18, 2018
- Ex-NYPD Cop Who Got Marvel’s Ike Perlmutter a Gun Permit Says He Received Movie Premiere Tickets at Bribery Trial - November 18, 2018
- Ending the Political Divide Between Liberals and Conservatives in Spider-Force #2 - November 17, 2018
- Stand Your Ground Laws Tested in Next Week’s Immortal Hulk #9 - November 17, 2018