Yesterday, we learned that the long-awaited (by somebody) sequel to Top Gun 2 was in the works and would film sometime this year, according to a revelation from star Tom Cruise on an Australian talk show. Now, Variety is reporting that Joseph Kosinski, who directed Cruise’s lukewarm 2013 sci-fi movie Oblivion, is Paramount’s frontrunner to direct the Top Gun sequel. Val Kilmer is also said to be interested in returning. And while we haven’t heard anything specifically, we’re confident in saying that Charlie Sheen would be willing to return for a Hot Shots sequel as well.
Though the announcement that the movie would film later this years seems sudden, Variety reports that Cruise was interviewing potential directors even before filming Mission Impossible 6. The movie will reportedly show a world where fighter pilot aces are being phased out in favor of drones, which is for the best really, as it leaves more time for scantily-clothed volleyball games. Everybody wins!
- Todd Nauck Revisits Iconic Image for Return of Wolverine #1 Variant - August 20, 2018
- WWE’s Nia Jax and Luke Gallows, Sitting in a Tree, D-A-T-I-N-G? - August 20, 2018
- Image Announces Gerry Duggan World Tour - August 20, 2018
- A #MeToo Moment for the Time Variance Authority, Plus: In These Issues, X-Men Will Die! [X-ual Healing 8-22-18] - August 19, 2018
- Did Seth Rollins Raid Thanos’s Wardrobe for SummerSlam Outfit? [SPOILERS] - August 19, 2018