The family of the actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for his role playing James Bond in seven movies, have announced that he has died aged 89.
Posting the message below, they confirm that he died today from cancer, in Switzerland. They confirmed there would be a private funeral in Monaco.
Roger Moore, though best known for playing Bond, first came to prominence in the UK for his lead role in Ivanhoe in the fifties, The Alaskans and Maverick, but it was his roles in the sixties and seventies TV series The Saint and The Persuaders that established his reputation as an action star, and it was James Bond that made him famous around the world, underlining his role as an ambassador for UNICEF.
- On This Day In Pop Culture For May 24
- Rowan Atkinson Returns For Johnny English 3
- Charlie Hunnam Addressed James Bond Rumors
- The Official Origin Of James Bond To Be Told As A Comic Book, Announced At 2017 Diamond Summit
- Studio Fight For Bond, James Bond Film Rights Heats Up
- What The Fashionable Sheldon Cooper Will Be Wearing This Winter - October 18, 2017
- Frank Cho, Drawing Harley Quinn Covers Longer Than He Would Have Done On Wonder Woman - October 18, 2017
- DC Comics To Reprint Deathstroke Vol 3: Nuclear Winter TPB Over Missing Page - October 18, 2017
- IDW Issues A Recall Of Kid Lobotomy #1 Gold Foil Covers, Asks Retailers To Rip Them Off - October 18, 2017
- Eric Zawadzki And Ryan Lindsay’s Graphic Novel, Eternal, From Black Mask January 2018 Solicits - October 18, 2017