The family of the actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for his role playing James Bond in seven movies, have announced that he has died aged 89.
Posting the message below, they confirm that he died today from cancer, in Switzerland. They confirmed there would be a private funeral in Monaco.
Roger Moore, though best known for playing Bond, first came to prominence in the UK for his lead role in Ivanhoe in the fifties, The Alaskans and Maverick, but it was his roles in the sixties and seventies TV series The Saint and The Persuaders that established his reputation as an action star, and it was James Bond that made him famous around the world, underlining his role as an ambassador for UNICEF.
- On This Day In Pop Culture For May 24
- Rowan Atkinson Returns For Johnny English 3
- Charlie Hunnam Addressed James Bond Rumors
- The Official Origin Of James Bond To Be Told As A Comic Book, Announced At 2017 Diamond Summit
- Studio Fight For Bond, James Bond Film Rights Heats Up
- Comic Store In Your Future – How Did Venom #150 Sell For You? - June 26, 2017
- Hatchet Gets An Ongoing Series From American Mythology September 2017 Solicits - June 26, 2017
- Fried Pie Comics Covers For Dark Nights: Metal, Moonstruck And, Yes, Robotech - June 26, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes: The Unsolicited Wasp - June 26, 2017
- Saying Goodbye To James Hagemann, Who Helped Make My First Comic A Reality - June 26, 2017