Relax, fans of Harmony Korine’s 2012 cult classic film Spring Breakers, starring Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, Ashley Benson, Rachel Korine, and the esteemed Sir James Franco. Hollywood has heard your demands, and finally, you are getting the sequel you’ve been clamoring for. Yay!
According to a report from Mashable, Matthew McConaughey will star as “Moondog” in a new film in the same setting as Spring Breakers, written and directed by Harmony Korine. Titled The Beach Bum, with McConaughey presumably playing the titular bum, the movie is being billed as a “follow-up” more than a sequel, and the original cast is unlikely to return, sadly.
The movie is set for a 2018 release.
- Young Adult Specialist Frank Miller Drawing King Arthur OGN ‘Cursed’ - March 23, 2018
- Frank Miller Writing Young Adult Carrie Kelley OGN as Part of DC-Exclusive 5-Book Deal - March 23, 2018
- Hulk Hogan Set for Andre the Giant Doc Premiere as First Stop in WWE Return - March 23, 2018
- Donny Cates Confirms the End of Thanos for April’s Thanos #18… For Now - March 22, 2018
- Jim Cornette Announces Wrestling Comic at IDW, Claims It Will Make You Rich - March 22, 2018