Relax, fans of Harmony Korine’s 2012 cult classic film Spring Breakers, starring Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, Ashley Benson, Rachel Korine, and the esteemed Sir James Franco. Hollywood has heard your demands, and finally, you are getting the sequel you’ve been clamoring for. Yay!
According to a report from Mashable, Matthew McConaughey will star as “Moondog” in a new film in the same setting as Spring Breakers, written and directed by Harmony Korine. Titled The Beach Bum, with McConaughey presumably playing the titular bum, the movie is being billed as a “follow-up” more than a sequel, and the original cast is unlikely to return, sadly.
The movie is set for a 2018 release.
- Shucky Ducky Quack Quack: Booker T Will Remain On WWE Raw Announce Team Until End Of Summer - May 29, 2017
- Have You Ever Wondered What Wrestling Superstar Virgil Thinks Of Donald Trump? - May 29, 2017
- American Gods Author Neil Gaiman Will Perform Reading Of Cheesecake Factory Menu If Fans Donate Half-Million Dollars To Refugees - May 28, 2017
- In Soviet Russia, Box Office Takes You: Pirates 5 Has Biggest Opening Weekend In History Of Russia - May 28, 2017
- Got Six And A Half Minutes To Kill? Here’s The Deadpool Blooper Reel You’ve Been Looking For - May 28, 2017