Relax, fans of Harmony Korine’s 2012 cult classic film Spring Breakers, starring Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, Ashley Benson, Rachel Korine, and the esteemed Sir James Franco. Hollywood has heard your demands, and finally, you are getting the sequel you’ve been clamoring for. Yay!
According to a report from Mashable, Matthew McConaughey will star as “Moondog” in a new film in the same setting as Spring Breakers, written and directed by Harmony Korine. Titled The Beach Bum, with McConaughey presumably playing the titular bum, the movie is being billed as a “follow-up” more than a sequel, and the original cast is unlikely to return, sadly.
The movie is set for a 2018 release.
- Law And Order: SVU Is “Hitting Harvey Weinstein Head-On” In New Episode - November 23, 2017
- Report: Joss Whedon Not Fired From Batgirl After Justice League Flop - November 23, 2017
- IDW Cancels Female-Focused GI Joe Comic Before The Orders Are In - November 23, 2017
- Aubrey Sitterson Talks Scarlett’s Strike Force, The Influence Of Cartoons, And A Socialist Writing GI Joe - November 23, 2017
- Sony And WWE Tag Team For The Marine 6, Featuring An All Star Cast (Of Wrestlers) - November 22, 2017