Relax, fans of Harmony Korine’s 2012 cult classic film Spring Breakers, starring Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, Ashley Benson, Rachel Korine, and the esteemed Sir James Franco. Hollywood has heard your demands, and finally, you are getting the sequel you’ve been clamoring for. Yay!
According to a report from Mashable, Matthew McConaughey will star as “Moondog” in a new film in the same setting as Spring Breakers, written and directed by Harmony Korine. Titled The Beach Bum, with McConaughey presumably playing the titular bum, the movie is being billed as a “follow-up” more than a sequel, and the original cast is unlikely to return, sadly.
The movie is set for a 2018 release.
- Because U Demanded It: WWE PPVs to Now Be Even Longer - May 23, 2018
- Lumberjanes and More BOOM! Digital Comics Featured in the Latest Humble Bundle - May 23, 2018
- Don Johnson, Louis Gossett Jr., Regina King, More Join HBO’s Watchmen Cast - May 23, 2018
- NFL Owners Approve Policy Fining Teams If Players Kneel During National Anthem - May 23, 2018
- Hellboy Board Game Adds Expansion Before It’s Been Released - May 23, 2018