Relax, fans of Harmony Korine’s 2012 cult classic film Spring Breakers, starring Vanessa Hudgens, Selena Gomez, Ashley Benson, Rachel Korine, and the esteemed Sir James Franco. Hollywood has heard your demands, and finally, you are getting the sequel you’ve been clamoring for. Yay!
According to a report from Mashable, Matthew McConaughey will star as “Moondog” in a new film in the same setting as Spring Breakers, written and directed by Harmony Korine. Titled The Beach Bum, with McConaughey presumably playing the titular bum, the movie is being billed as a “follow-up” more than a sequel, and the original cast is unlikely to return, sadly.
The movie is set for a 2018 release.
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Buys Rights To Howard Chaykin’s American Flagg For TV Show - September 25, 2017
- Violent Live Performance Stuns Crowd At Fantastic Fest Screening Of ‘The Square’ - September 25, 2017
- Quint, Capone, And Horrorella Step Down From Ain’t It Cool News In Wake Of Harry Knowles Sexual Assault Allegations - September 25, 2017
- Jonathan Hickman Returning To Marvel “Sooner Than You Think,” Says Tom Brevoort - September 25, 2017
- Fantastic Fest Attendees Disturbed By Secret Screening Of Lost Ed Wood Porno ‘Take It Out In Trade’ - September 25, 2017