Tom Hardy has been cast in the titular role for Columbia Pictures’ Venom, according to a report from Variety. Hardy’s previous supervillain cred includes playing Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. In the comics, Bane uses a drug called the venom serum to enhance his strength, making us wonder if they had this planned all along!! Ruben Fleischer will direct a script written by Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner.
Though billed as a Spider-Man spinoff, Spider-Man Homecoming director Jon Watts has gone on record as saying the movie won’t tie into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and thus by association it must also not tie into Spider-Man: Homecoming, which is set there. Venom has been in development for a while, but various Spider-Man reboots have caused it to exist in its own pocket cinematic universe, which is just as well. The movie is rumored to be shooting for an R-Rating.
Venom is set for a 2018 release date.
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' NBA Finals TV Spot
- Two Trailers And Two Posters For 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Paige Responds To Body-Shaming Tweets, Teases WWE Return - July 24, 2017
- Total Bellas Season 2 Gets Premiere Date And Trailer; Total Divas Season 7 Gets A Cast - July 24, 2017
- Next James Bond Film Gets A 2019 Release Date, Now Needs A James Bond - July 24, 2017
- Captain Marvel To Be Subsidized By Taxpayer Dollars - July 24, 2017
- Trial Begins For Cartoonist Musa Kart, Jailed For His Comics In Turkish Opposition Crackdown - July 24, 2017