Tom Hardy has been cast in the titular role for Columbia Pictures’ Venom, according to a report from Variety. Hardy’s previous supervillain cred includes playing Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. In the comics, Bane uses a drug called the venom serum to enhance his strength, making us wonder if they had this planned all along!! Ruben Fleischer will direct a script written by Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner.
Though billed as a Spider-Man spinoff, Spider-Man Homecoming director Jon Watts has gone on record as saying the movie won’t tie into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and thus by association it must also not tie into Spider-Man: Homecoming, which is set there. Venom has been in development for a while, but various Spider-Man reboots have caused it to exist in its own pocket cinematic universe, which is just as well. The movie is rumored to be shooting for an R-Rating.
Venom is set for a 2018 release date.
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' NBA Finals TV Spot
- Two Trailers And Two Posters For 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Have You Ever Wondered What Wrestling Superstar Virgil Thinks Of Donald Trump? - May 29, 2017
- American Gods Author Neil Gaiman Will Perform Reading Of Cheesecake Factory Menu If Fans Donate Half-Million Dollars To Refugees - May 28, 2017
- In Soviet Russia, Box Office Takes You: Pirates 5 Has Biggest Opening Weekend In History Of Russia - May 28, 2017
- Got Six And A Half Minutes To Kill? Here’s The Deadpool Blooper Reel You’ve Been Looking For - May 28, 2017
- Welcome To Marvel Future Fight, X-Men… Hope You Survive The Experience! - May 28, 2017