Tom Hardy has been cast in the titular role for Columbia Pictures’ Venom, according to a report from Variety. Hardy’s previous supervillain cred includes playing Bane in The Dark Knight Rises. In the comics, Bane uses a drug called the venom serum to enhance his strength, making us wonder if they had this planned all along!! Ruben Fleischer will direct a script written by Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner.
Though billed as a Spider-Man spinoff, Spider-Man Homecoming director Jon Watts has gone on record as saying the movie won’t tie into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and thus by association it must also not tie into Spider-Man: Homecoming, which is set there. Venom has been in development for a while, but various Spider-Man reboots have caused it to exist in its own pocket cinematic universe, which is just as well. The movie is rumored to be shooting for an R-Rating.
Venom is set for a 2018 release date.
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' NBA Finals TV Spot
- Two Trailers And Two Posters For 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Because U Demanded It: WWE PPVs to Now Be Even Longer - May 23, 2018
- Lumberjanes and More BOOM! Digital Comics Featured in the Latest Humble Bundle - May 23, 2018
- Don Johnson, Louis Gossett Jr., Regina King, More Join HBO’s Watchmen Cast - May 23, 2018
- NFL Owners Approve Policy Fining Teams If Players Kneel During National Anthem - May 23, 2018
- Hellboy Board Game Adds Expansion Before It’s Been Released - May 23, 2018