Promoter Daniel Hinkles of Britain’s 5 Star Wrestling organization wants former WWE superstar and UFC training dummy CM Punk to return to the ring once more, and he’s willing to put his money where his mouth is. According to a report from UK Tabloid The Sun, Hinkles is offering Punk one million dollars to appear in its upcoming 128 man pro wrestling tournament.
“We’ve been trying to contact CM Punk on and off for well over a year,” Hinkles said. “We wanted him on the first show we did in Edinburgh in 2015.”
Hinkles has done his best to get in touch with Punk through normal channels, but now it’s time to activate the nuclear option: the clickbait media.
“I’ve tried going through friends in the industry, I’ve gone through his website and sent dozens of emails but the opportunity has never been this big,” Hinkles explained, making his offer public. “We want to offer CM Punk $1 million dollars (£770,000) to come and join the 5 Star Wrestling tour starting June 10th.”
But does a random UK indie wrestling promoter actually have a million dollars to pay Punk, or is this all just a publicity stunt to promote the tournament? Nah, the business of professional wrestling has more integrity than to attempt a stunt like that.
“It’s a genuine offer,” Hinkles said. “We’d love to hear back from the man himself. We want to do this with him.”
We’ll be keeping an eye on CM Punk’s Twitter account for an official response.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018