Word from The Wrap is that Sony is ready to find it’s lead actor for the upcoming Bloodshot movie. Based on the Valiant Comic, Bloodshot is a nano-tech enhanced soldier created by a shadowy corporation and turned into a killing machine. He was created in 1992 by Kevin Van Hook, Don Perlin and Bob Layton. The film will be directed by Dave Wilson and written by Eric Heisserer. It is set to be the first in a slate of Valiant Universe movies from Sony.
Along with the news came word that there is a wishlist that includes eight name, five of which were revealed: Oscar Isaac, James McAvoy, Mark Whalberg, Jake Gyllenhaal and Nicholas Hoult. The fact that this is just a wishlist means that there is no confirmation that Sony is in any stage of talks with the actors. But we can get a sense of the type of actor they’re looking for and the budget that the film might have.
Cover art by Doug Braithwaite from Bloodshot USA #1
- Chick-fil-A Is Closed On Sundays; Why Would You Open One In An NFL Stadium? - August 16, 2017
- Paramount Picks Up Blake Lively Spy Thriller ‘The Rhythm Section’ - August 16, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary – Rik Hoskin Talks Red Rising: Sons of Ares #4 - August 16, 2017
- The Planning For The Arrowverse Crossover Has Begun - August 16, 2017
- Curse Launches ‘D&D Beyond’ A Digital Resource For Dungeons & Dragons - August 16, 2017