Word from The Wrap is that Sony is ready to find it’s lead actor for the upcoming Bloodshot movie. Based on the Valiant Comic, Bloodshot is a nano-tech enhanced soldier created by a shadowy corporation and turned into a killing machine. He was created in 1992 by Kevin Van Hook, Don Perlin and Bob Layton. The film will be directed by Dave Wilson and written by Eric Heisserer. It is set to be the first in a slate of Valiant Universe movies from Sony.
Along with the news came word that there is a wishlist that includes eight name, five of which were revealed: Oscar Isaac, James McAvoy, Mark Whalberg, Jake Gyllenhaal and Nicholas Hoult. The fact that this is just a wishlist means that there is no confirmation that Sony is in any stage of talks with the actors. But we can get a sense of the type of actor they’re looking for and the budget that the film might have.
Cover art by Doug Braithwaite from Bloodshot USA #1
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 12 Recap: Can’t Front On Me - June 24, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 11 Recap: The Creator - June 24, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 10 Recap: The Main Ingredient - June 23, 2018
- Rosario Dawson on Exploring if Claire Temple is Really Helping - June 23, 2018
- Theo Rossi on How There is Nothing Else Like Marvel’s Luke Cage on Television - June 23, 2018