Word from The Wrap is that Sony is ready to find it’s lead actor for the upcoming Bloodshot movie. Based on the Valiant Comic, Bloodshot is a nano-tech enhanced soldier created by a shadowy corporation and turned into a killing machine. He was created in 1992 by Kevin Van Hook, Don Perlin and Bob Layton. The film will be directed by Dave Wilson and written by Eric Heisserer. It is set to be the first in a slate of Valiant Universe movies from Sony.
Along with the news came word that there is a wishlist that includes eight name, five of which were revealed: Oscar Isaac, James McAvoy, Mark Whalberg, Jake Gyllenhaal and Nicholas Hoult. The fact that this is just a wishlist means that there is no confirmation that Sony is in any stage of talks with the actors. But we can get a sense of the type of actor they’re looking for and the budget that the film might have.
Cover art by Doug Braithwaite from Bloodshot USA #1
- The Best Job In The NFL: Long Snapper - May 21, 2017
- Exclusive First Look At Dynamite’s Tough Guy Comics Shipping August 2017 - May 21, 2017
- Exploring The Relationship Between Shadow Moon And Laura - May 21, 2017
- Exclusive First Look At Dynamite’s Music Related Comics Shipping In August 2017 - May 21, 2017
- It’s Lucifer Vs Mazikeen In The Latest Sneak Peek - May 21, 2017