Word from The Wrap is that Sony is ready to find it’s lead actor for the upcoming Bloodshot movie. Based on the Valiant Comic, Bloodshot is a nano-tech enhanced soldier created by a shadowy corporation and turned into a killing machine. He was created in 1992 by Kevin Van Hook, Don Perlin and Bob Layton. The film will be directed by Dave Wilson and written by Eric Heisserer. It is set to be the first in a slate of Valiant Universe movies from Sony.
Along with the news came word that there is a wishlist that includes eight name, five of which were revealed: Oscar Isaac, James McAvoy, Mark Whalberg, Jake Gyllenhaal and Nicholas Hoult. The fact that this is just a wishlist means that there is no confirmation that Sony is in any stage of talks with the actors. But we can get a sense of the type of actor they’re looking for and the budget that the film might have.
Cover art by Doug Braithwaite from Bloodshot USA #1
- STARZ Pulls the Plug on Ash vs. Evil Dead After 3 Seasons - April 20, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: First Official Poster of Mon-El’s New Uniform - April 20, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Synopsis for ‘Harry and the Harrisons’ - April 20, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Will the Dragon Go After Oliver’s Family? - April 20, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Synopsis Released for ‘Trinity’ Episode - April 20, 2018