In 1992, Spawn #1 by Todd McFarlane debuted to 1.7 million copies sold. In 2017 it sells… not quite that many. But it’s still going. And on Wednesday they are publishing the first issue one more time in a special director’s cut.
With covers by Ashley Wood, Clayton Crain (copying Todd McFarlane from Spawn #1) and Todd McFarlane (copying
Mark Bagley Joe Quesada from Ultimate Spider-Man #1)…
The Director’s Cut includes the original artboards of Spawn #1…
…as well as commentary from Todd himself on each page. Plus extra pin-ups and never before seen art.
Out on Wednesday. I wonder if it will still have a “thanks” to Lance Gueck inside?
- Sam & Twitch's Star Wars Episode By Kevin Smith Is Probably Not What You Think It Would Be...
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017