In 1992, Spawn #1 by Todd McFarlane debuted to 1.7 million copies sold. In 2017 it sells… not quite that many. But it’s still going. And on Wednesday they are publishing the first issue one more time in a special director’s cut.
With covers by Ashley Wood, Clayton Crain (copying Todd McFarlane from Spawn #1) and Todd McFarlane (copying
Mark Bagley Joe Quesada from Ultimate Spider-Man #1)…
The Director’s Cut includes the original artboards of Spawn #1…
…as well as commentary from Todd himself on each page. Plus extra pin-ups and never before seen art.
Out on Wednesday. I wonder if it will still have a “thanks” to Lance Gueck inside?
- Sam & Twitch's Star Wars Episode By Kevin Smith Is Probably Not What You Think It Would Be...
- Action Comics #988 Preview: Superman’s Daddy Issues - September 21, 2017
- Alex Ross Posts New Fantastic Four Cover – And Then Deletes It - September 21, 2017
- Thought Bubble Debut: PM Buchan’s Horror-Comedy Anthology ‘Hangover’ - September 21, 2017
- Mark Waid To Have A “Civil Conversation” With Diversity & Comics After Baltimore Comic-Con - September 21, 2017
- Thought Bubble Debut: Hex Girlfriend #1 By Mr Picto - September 21, 2017