The Persona series have never been what you’d call mainstream favorites. In fact, Atlus’s series of high school action rpgs are often considered cult hits, if anything. But Persona 5 seems to have found its market. By which I mean, literally everyone. And I get it, I really do. I’ve been playing the game when I can since release, and while I’m not super far into the game (I don’t have what you’d call a lot of free time), Persona 5 is the kind of game that sucks you in. Our own Gavin Sheehan gave the game a 9/10 saying “Persona 5 isdefinitely worth playing, even if this genre isn’t your thing.”
And given that the game has topped the PSN’s charts for top downloaded game in April, well, it’s clear that enough of us agree. It may have taken a while to get here, but Persona 5 came in and stole our hearts. Which is pretty fitting.
Those streaming restrictions don’t seem to have stopped sales, even as they frustrate the hell out of streamers. And they may have helped drive sales – after all, no one likes knowing only half the story.
Basically, this one is a win for Atlus across the board.
- Check Out This 'Persona 5' Joker Figure Now Up For Pre-Order
- 'Persona 5' Animated Series To Hit Japan In 2018
- 'Persona 5 ' Voice Cast Will Be At Anime Expo On Saturday
- Cleveland Cavaliers Owner Has Invested In LOL eSports Team 100Thieves - November 21, 2017
- Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War Has Released The Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion - November 21, 2017
- Final Fantasy XIV Has A New Red Vs Blue-Style PVP Mode: Rival Wings - November 21, 2017
- Skyrim VR Review: A Great Way To Give Yourself Some Serious Motion Sickness - November 21, 2017
- Nintendo Will Be Rolling Out Two Free Updates For Splatoon 2 - November 21, 2017