The Persona series have never been what you’d call mainstream favorites. In fact, Atlus’s series of high school action rpgs are often considered cult hits, if anything. But Persona 5 seems to have found its market. By which I mean, literally everyone. And I get it, I really do. I’ve been playing the game when I can since release, and while I’m not super far into the game (I don’t have what you’d call a lot of free time), Persona 5 is the kind of game that sucks you in. Our own Gavin Sheehan gave the game a 9/10 saying “Persona 5 isdefinitely worth playing, even if this genre isn’t your thing.”
And given that the game has topped the PSN’s charts for top downloaded game in April, well, it’s clear that enough of us agree. It may have taken a while to get here, but Persona 5 came in and stole our hearts. Which is pretty fitting.
Those streaming restrictions don’t seem to have stopped sales, even as they frustrate the hell out of streamers. And they may have helped drive sales – after all, no one likes knowing only half the story.
Basically, this one is a win for Atlus across the board.
- Check Out This 'Persona 5' Joker Figure Now Up For Pre-Order
- 'Persona 5' Animated Series To Hit Japan In 2018
- 'Persona 5 ' Voice Cast Will Be At Anime Expo On Saturday
- Fornite Mobile Tops Teenagers and Schools’ “Most Wanted” Lists For Very Different Reasons - March 23, 2018
- Sega Reveals the Secret Origin of Sonic the Hedgehog at GDC - March 23, 2018
- Epic Games’ Tim Sweeney Says the PlayStation/Xbox Crossplay Wall Will “Inevitably Come Down” - March 23, 2018
- Ubisoft Adding Studios in Mumbai and Odesa to Work on AAA Franchises - March 23, 2018
- Dauntless Gets that UI Face-lift We’ve Been Waiting For in Latest Update - March 23, 2018