The current Spider-Man series featuring Miles Morales has also featured a mysterious criminal overlord who the Black Cat is going up against. From this week’s issue…
But who is the mysterious Mister D? Well, from the same writer, the Defenders Free Comic Book Day comic out today reveals who the Defenders’ big bad is…
Could they be the one and the same?
Diamondback, recently featured as the big bad in the Luke Cage TV series. Is he using a variation of the Judas bullets to shoot Jessica Jones?
In Willis Stryker, one of Luke’s childhood friends, first appeared in Luke Cage: Hero for Hire #1. Known as Diamondback for his mastery of knives, including specially-gimmicked knives that exploded, released toxic gases or created sonic waves, he was apparently killed in an explosion in Luke Cage: Hero For Hire #2 (June 1972).
Willis Stryker was born and raised in Harlem, New York City. He grew up on the street alongside Carl Lucas, his best friend and future partner. He was recruited into one of the local gangs, The Rivals. The gang consisted mostly of Carl Lucas, Stryker, Shades and Comanche. They engaged in many gang fights with The Diablos, a rival gang. He also committed petty crimes and worked for a crime lord named Sonny Caputo. Carl changed his life and found an honest job while Willis became a skilled gangster but they remained good friends.
A girl named Reva Connors loved them both but was more attracted to Carl. Willis, devastated by jealousy, framed him by hiding drugs where Carl lived, causing Carl Lucas to be sent to prison. The drugs belonged to the Maggia so they hunted Willis but ended up killing Reva.
Carl changed his name to Luke Cage and escaped from prison thanks to his bullet proof skin and searched for revenge. Luke Cage was attacked by hitmen hired by Diamondback. When the attack failed, Diamondback has his inventor Gadget-Man create new gimmicked switch blades to deal with Cage and kidnapped Claire Temple. Tracking Diamondback to his lair, Luke was surprised to find that it is his old friend and betrayer Stryker. Diamondback battled Cage who hoped to clear his name, however, during the fight Diamondback fell through a skylight and is blown up by one of his own trick switchblades, ruining any hope Luke had that Stryker could clear his name.
And somehow… he is back, for the new Defenders series. And possibly in Spider-Man as well?
- Spongebob Squarepants Accused Diamond Of Being A Monopoly, On Free Comic Book Day
- Matt Furie Killed Off Pepe The Frog On Free Comic Book Day
- People Were Burning Copies Of Secret Empire On Free Comic Book Day
- So… What Happens To Teen Titans In September? - May 29, 2017
- A Final 51 Shots Of Phoenix Comicon Cosplay From Sunday… - May 29, 2017
- Free Marvel Graphic Novels On Kindle When You Buy Anyone’s Graphic Novels In Print - May 29, 2017
- Milo Manara Designs Bus Tickets For Rome And You Know Exactly What They Will Look Like - May 29, 2017
- The Fox News Phoenix Comic Con Security Story – Before The Arrest - May 29, 2017