As part of an editorial restructuring announced by DC Comics today that has divided DC into three separate kingdoms, each with an Executive Editor reporting to Editor-in-Chief Bob Harras, Mark Doyle has been promoted and installed as the new ruler of both Vertigo and Young Animal. Doyle has ruled over the Batman family books since 2014, but Pat McCallum is now in charge of DC’s superhero titles while Bobbie Chase takes over everything else.
Doyle’s tenure on top of the Batman line saw Batman frequently top the monthly sales charts, but he’ll be returning to his roots, having started out as a Vertigo editor overseeing titles like Scalped and American Vampire, and has been credited with bring superstar writer Scott Snyder into DC Comics. Will a Doyle-led Vertigo and Young Animal lead to more talent discoveries for DC?
The big shakeup is currently in progress, so stay tuned to Bleeding Cool for more big news.
- Mark Millar: Warner Bros Is Talking To Directors About A Superman: Red Son Movie - June 27, 2017
- Is Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Teasing An X-Men: Dark Phoenix Role? - June 27, 2017
- Eva Marie Is Done With WWE, But She’s Not “Done” With WWE - June 27, 2017
- Marvel Teases Inhumans Trailer Thursday With Trailer For Trailer Today - June 27, 2017
- WWE Responds To “Inappropriate” Use Of N-Word During LaVar Ball Segment On RAW - June 27, 2017