Superstar artist Greg Capullo has revealed art for the upcoming Dark Nights: Metal super-mega-crossover-event comic. If you’re wondering which one that is again, that’s understandable. DC has more than half a dozen separate brandings for their Summer publishing initiative: Dark Days, Dark Nights, Dark Matter, Metal, Master Class, The New Age Of DC Heroes… They’re utilizing the famed “throw everything at the wall and see what sticks” strategy. We’re pretty sure there was entire season of Mad Men about that.
In any case, Dark Nights: Metal is the upcoming event comic by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, which will lead into Dark Matter, in which an (all-male) Master Class of DC artists will team with seasoned writers to deliver the New Age of DC Heroes. DC decided on this progression after unearthing a centuries-old prophecy from the renowned prophet Danstrodidimos, which said, “First Comes The Dark Days, Which Gives Way To The Dark Nights, Which Gives Birth To The Dark Matter.” Close adherence to the publishing ritual will result in increased sales for DC and continued public relations mishaps for their competitors at Marvel.
Now that we’re all on the same page, here’s some unfinished artwork of what appears to be Wonder Woman from Metal, which Greg Capullo posted on Twitter:
— Greg Capullo (@GregCapullo) May 1, 2017
Does it move the needle?
- Andy Kubert And John Romita Jr Covers For Dark Days: The Forge #1 Revealed - But Was It Too Late?
- Moving The Needle - Bleeding Cool's Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017
- Jim Lee Moves The Needle For DC: Artists "Do Make A Difference," Are "Essential Part Of Creation Of Comic Books"
- BOOM! Announces ‘Beneath the Dark Crystal,’ Another Sequel to the Jim Henson Classic - March 23, 2018
- Nom Pratt is writing a Young Adult Novel Based on John Allison’s ‘Giant Days’ - March 23, 2018
- Derek Laufman’s RuinWorld Goes Kaboom! - March 23, 2018
- Remender and Bengal’s Death or Glory Gets a Racy Trailer - March 23, 2018
- WWE’s Ultimate Deletion Gets an Epilogue - March 23, 2018