Tonight, Roman Reigns returns to WWE to seek revenge on Braun Strowman, who took him out of action for several weeks by demonstrating that he is the strongest human of all time when he flipped over an ambulance containing Roman’s broken body after brutally assaulting several times on Monday Night RAW. Ahead of tonight’s Payback PPV, Reigns took to Twitter to announce his intentions.
— Roman Reigns (@WWERomanReigns) April 30, 2017
The response from fans?
ALWAYS SUPPORTING KING pic.twitter.com/HWGCv4PEf8
— 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒌 (@yezzirrx) April 30, 2017
— Estella #ThankYouRoman 🙌 (@EstellaRomanFan) April 30, 2017
Let's go King👑 pic.twitter.com/OcMvuJpOk3
— Roman Reigns🌹 (@WWEKIINGROMAN) April 30, 2017
Perhaps you’ve noticed a theme to the responses of Roman Reigns’ fans…
— ً (@suckmyboss) April 30, 2017
Yes, a significant portion of Roman Reigns’ fans refer to him as “king.” Was this a wrestling nickname like “The Big Dog” or “Oooh-Ahhh Guy” that we’d missed somehow? It required further investigation:
— thank you roman ♡ (@KanniReigns) April 30, 2017
— Blпапсе (@reignsnjh) April 30, 2017
At first, we thought that Roman Reigns fans were taking his “Roman Empire” nickname literally and treating him like an actual monarch, but on further inspection, that’s not what’s going on.
It seems that Roman Reigns’ fans are actually saying “YASS KING,” a variation on the trendy colloquialism, “YASS QUEEN,” an enthusiastic affirmation of one’s fierceness, similar in meaning and usage to “You go, girl.” The positive encouragement continued:
— #ThankYouRoman (@ohmywrestling) April 30, 2017
yes it is king beat his ass big dog 🤗🐾👑💪
— Elizabeth Hernandez (@Elizabe30455310) April 30, 2017
King! I hope you're doing okay. ❤
— ta🦋 (@reverseiris) April 30, 2017
— vanessa 💘💋 (@inspiringreigns) April 30, 2017
— 𝒦𝒶𝒷𝒾𝓇𝒶𝒶 (@iSohailSi) April 30, 2017
— kels // team blue 💙 (@FLAIRSECTlON) April 30, 2017
— dunja (@dunjahussein1) April 30, 2017
— leanne (@leannedier) April 30, 2017
Welcome back my King
— petra weazy (@virolainen666) April 30, 2017
Welcome back KING 👑🤙🏽🤙🏽
— mio・R 🤙🏽 (@YamayanekoS) April 30, 2017
— analisa (@ANAAAREIGNS) April 30, 2017
I'VE MISSED YOU KING
— alyssa. (@reignsconquers) April 30, 2017
Fans won’t have to miss King much longer. Payback is happening right now on the WWE Network, and Roman Reigns will face Braun Strowman by the end of the night, and when the final bell has rung and Roman looks strong, delighted fans will surely be saying, “YASS.”
- #YASSKING - Heroic Roman Reigns is Singlehandedly Keeping Kayfabe Alive on Twitter
- Roman Reigns Spoils Results of WWE Men's Elimination Chamber Match
- Batman and Roman Reigns Unbox May's Comic Bento As The Roman Empire Clashes With The Secret Empire
- Superstar Billy Graham Praises Triple H, Says Roman Reigns Couldn't Project Intensity To Save His Life
- Is Guardians Of The Galaxy Star Dave Bautista Angling For A WWE Return?
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Star Dave Bautista Trashes WWE On Talk Is Jericho Podcast
- WWE's Titus O'Neil Deletes Kayfabe-Killing Tweet Showing Roman Reigns And Braun Strowman Hanging Out In Rome
- What Happens Next Now That Jinder Mahal Has Stolen The WWE Championship From Randy Orton?
- Roman Reigns Says Fans Can Boo Him If It Makes Them "Cooler," Says "No One Has Ever Been Like Me"
- Heroic Assault On Roman Reigns During WWE Raw Revealed Braun Strowman Is Strongest Person Ever On Earth