Yesterday night, 16 competitive eSports Splatoon teams faced off in the U.S. Inkling Open, with newcomer team Deadbeat taking the entire tournament with barely a sweat. The team was already the top-ranked group in the bracket and proved why as they crushed Dank & Co., SpeedRunsLive, Lost Fiction, and finally Deep Blues—only Dank & Co. was able to deliver the team a losing match but still got beat 3-1, while all of their remaining matches ended with 3-0 shutouts. If you want to see what domination looks like, we have the entire finals tournament below for you to check out. Along with the bragging rights, Deadbeat will be at the Nintendo E3 presentation for Splatoon 2 in June for a pre-release exhibition match. Who they’ll be facing has yet to be announced, it’ll be very cool to see if we get a legit competition, but not so much if it’s just another celebrity face-off for a cheap pop.
- DreamHack Austin Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament Champion Wins In The Most Pathetic Way Possible
- Bluehole Takes Notice Of Fortnite’s Battle Royale Comparisons To PUBG - September 22, 2017
- The ‘LEGO Ninjago Movie Video Game’ Gets A Launch Trailer - September 22, 2017
- Gamer-Related Charities United Under Single Banner: One Gamer Fund - September 21, 2017
- Getting My Magical Parkour On: We Review ‘Mystic Melee’ - September 19, 2017
- Finding The Charm Within: We Review ‘Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite’ - September 19, 2017