Gisele Lagace is a Canadian comic book artist for Archie, Dynamite IDW, a number of comic book publishers in the USA – and her own webcomics, specifically Menage A 3. She was planning to drive down to Chicago to attend this weekend’s C2E2 exhibition.
But immigration officers at the US border had other ideas.
The reasons for denying her entry into the US were down to the incomplete commissioned sketches she had in the car. Working on them while in the country would be considered working in the USA.
And for this, she was body searched and fingerprinted and, as she said “Now that I’ve been refused entry in the US for this, it’s on file. Don’t expect to see me at a US con until I can figure out a way to get in and being absolutely certain this won’t happen.”
- The Finest Comic Book Ever Published Is Back in Print: Shane Simmons’s Longshot Comics - June 19, 2018
- Donny Cates Introduces Juggerduck to Cosmic Ghost Rider – #WhoGetsWarped? - June 19, 2018
- Ryan Sands, Star of Runaways TV Series, Now Draws for the Runaways Comic - June 19, 2018
- Jeff Parker to Tell the Official World War II Origin of James Bond - June 19, 2018
- IDW’s Batman vs. Maxx and Star Trek vs. Transformers in September 2018 - June 19, 2018