Gisele Lagace is a Canadian comic book artist for Archie, Dynamite IDW, a number of comic book publishers in the USA – and her own webcomics, specifically Menage A 3. She was planning to drive down to Chicago to attend this weekend’s C2E2 exhibition.
But immigration officers at the US border had other ideas.
The reasons for denying her entry into the US were down to the incomplete commissioned sketches she had in the car. Working on them while in the country would be considered working in the USA.
And for this, she was body searched and fingerprinted and, as she said “Now that I’ve been refused entry in the US for this, it’s on file. Don’t expect to see me at a US con until I can figure out a way to get in and being absolutely certain this won’t happen.”
- Writer’s Perspective: What I Learned From Creating ‘Robots Vs. Princesses’ - August 19, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: The Secret Empire Sales Drop - August 19, 2017
- Disillusionment With Comics Almost Made Me Give Them Up For Good - August 19, 2017
- Bringing Back The Floppy Comic For The Battle Of Dunkirk - August 19, 2017
- DC Comics Reprint Retailer Exclusive Covers Of Metal #1 After Serious Print Flaws - August 19, 2017