Gisele Lagace is a Canadian comic book artist for Archie, Dynamite IDW, a number of comic book publishers in the USA – and her own webcomics, specifically Menage A 3. She was planning to drive down to Chicago to attend this weekend’s C2E2 exhibition.
But immigration officers at the US border had other ideas.
The reasons for denying her entry into the US were down to the incomplete commissioned sketches she had in the car. Working on them while in the country would be considered working in the USA.
And for this, she was body searched and fingerprinted and, as she said “Now that I’ve been refused entry in the US for this, it’s on file. Don’t expect to see me at a US con until I can figure out a way to get in and being absolutely certain this won’t happen.”
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018