We got the word yesterday during the Valiant Summit, but now we have the cover art to go with it and a few more details. Valiant’s big event for 2018 is going to be the Harbinger Wars 2, but it kicks off in December of 2017 with Harbinger Wars 2 #0 by the creative team of Matt Kindt (X-O Manowar) and artist Doug Braithwaite (Armor Hunters). But the issue is only available to readers who redeem the four mail-away coupons inside Harbinger Renegade #1-4. Yup, Valiant is going old school like Image #0.
The book will be a standalone story that enhances the big event.
What will directly effect the up coming Harbinger Wars 2 is the new Massacre storyline beginning in Harbinger Renedgade #5 from Rafer Roberts (Plastic Farm) and Darick Robertson (Transmetropolitan). The issue contains the death of a major Valiant hero… an on-panel death the publisher considers so shocking they’re putting a warning label on the comic.
Valiant Editor-in-Chief Warren Simons spoke about the death and the fall out:
The catastrophic events of Massacre in Harbinger Renegade #5, in which a major Valiant character dies, will have massive repercussions for not just that particular character, but for the entire political and social climate of our universe. How the universe moves on from there is an enormous, status quo changing event. And it’s going feed directly into HARBINGER WARS 2.
- Gotham Season 4, Episode 5 Recap: A Dark Knight – The Blade’s Path - October 20, 2017
- It’s Flash Vs. Flash As DC Versus Pits Barry Allen Against Wally West - October 20, 2017
- Arrow Season 6: We’re Assured John Diggle Had A Life Before The Military - October 20, 2017
- The Perfect Early Holiday Gift Idea For Classic Game Lovers: The Art Of Atari - October 20, 2017
- Flash Season 4: Harrison Wells Returns Bearing Bad News - October 20, 2017