Dark Horse and Charles Wood Publishing AB are joining to terrify readers with The Dark North. The illustrated prose-art book fusion features five unique tales ranging from Norse mythology to apocalyptic science fiction to fantasy. Writer Martin Dunelind tells the tales with artwork by Scandinavia’s leading illustrators and concept artists—including Peter Bergting (Baltimore: The Red Kingdom), Henrik Pettersson (concept artist on Minecraft at Mojang), Joakim Ericsson (concept artist at Starbreeze Studios), Magnus Olsson (Neotech RPG), and Lukas Thelin (Western RPG, Lone Wolf RPG). Thelin also did the cover. The book also features a forward by horror master Clive Barker.
Robert Henrysson—one of the instigators of The Dark North comments: “We set out to give the world a peek into the amazing Scandinavian art of science fiction, fantasy and horror, and when Dark Horse joined in we knew we had succeeded. We can’t wait to see the reader response!”
The Dark North goes on sale September 27, 2017, and is available for preorder on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Penguin Random House, and Things From Another World.
- Blake Bortles Performance Puts Starting Job In Jeopardy - August 18, 2017
- It’s Batman Vs Batman Beyond In Latest DC Versus - August 18, 2017
- Broken Lizard’s Super Troopers 2 Gets A Release Date - August 18, 2017
- Get Excited For The Curb Your Enthusiasm Teaser Trailer - August 18, 2017
- Vulture Vs Spidey In Clip From New Marvel’s Spider-Man Animated Series - August 18, 2017