Over the past week, a rumor so flimsy even Bleeding Cool hasn’t bothered to try to squeeze some clicks out of it (until now) has been floating around the bowl of the 24 hour entertainment news cycle like a stubborn turd that just won’t go down the drain no matter how many times you flush. The rumor claims that Zack Snyder’s Justice League will have a 170 minute runtime, twenty minutes longer than the already-too-long Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. The rumor even led movie info site IMDB to update its listing for the film to claim the movie’s runtime will be 170 minutes.
But wait! Employing advanced counter-rumor technology, sandwich-themed Hollywood gossip blog The Wrap claimed to have their own anonymous source that said the movie’s runtime hasn’t been finalized yet, and that the original rumor was untrue. This anti-rumor led to an entirely new wave of articles reposting it on every entertainment news site. Now, in what has turned out to be a seemingly endless bounty of click-generating story twists, Zack Snyder himself has addressed the rumor on Twitter:
@thejonberg Forgot to tell you that I screened the first cut of JL for IMDB. Thought that was standard WB procedure. No?
— Zack Snyder (@ZackSnyder) March 31, 2017
On it’s surface, Snyder’s mockery of the rumor that Justice League will be 170 minutes long would seem to put the rumor to rest once and for all. However, upon closer inspection, it’s clear that Snyder never actually denies rumored length of the film. All he says for sure is that IMDB hasn’t seen the film personally. Therefore, we can only assume that Snyder was purposely avoiding making a statement about the length of the film, which means it probably actually will be 170 minutes after all!
Looks like this bad boy still has some life left in it. We’ll keep monitoring the situation and update you if anything changes, because we’ve honestly got nothing better to do.
- RUMOR: Justice League Overhauled In Reshoots, And In Other Breaking News, Water Is Wet
- X-ual Healing: Glob Herman Catfished in Old Man Logan #40 - June 17, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The New Avengers Finally Find a Wolverine in Adamantium Agenda #2 - June 17, 2018
- X-ual Healing: If You Like Violence and Nonstop Banter, You’ll Love Deadpool Assassin #1 - June 17, 2018
- Hulk Hogan Finally Helping Others Learn from His Mistakes - June 16, 2018
- Improbable Previews: The Spectacular Spencer-Man Debuts in Amazing Spider-Man #1 - June 15, 2018