When I spoke to Simon Bisley at the 2000AD convention a month or so ago, he told me how he had scaled back his wanton gratuitous nudity for the then-upcoming Harley’s Little Black Book #6 featuring Lobo, a character he is so often associated with.
And a comic in which Harley Quinn and Lobo find themselves marooned with hardly any clothes, the likes of which they are willing to shed at the nearest opportunity.
When I spoke to co-writer Jimmy Palmiotti, he told me that Simon had done anything but. Or anything butt. Not sure which.
Something had to be done. And while production may have covered a multitude of genitalia, on some pages, they had no choice but to raise a red flag.
And then have that red flag cover a few extraneous naughty bits. Could he become a
Could he become a character in his own right?
Harley’s Little Black Book #6 by Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti and Simon Bisley is out today. Even though it was meant to have come out in October….
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes - Hal, Hell And Harley
- Humberto Ramos Warping Marvel Characters Together for New Comic? #WhoGetsWarped - June 18, 2018
- Has Geoff Johns Remembered Justice League: Rise Of The Seven Seas? - June 18, 2018
- What You May Have Learned from the DC Comics Writers Summit - June 18, 2018
- Cover to X-Men Gold #31 Revealed – is it a Wedding Spoiler? - June 18, 2018
- Retailers Can Get a Hall of Justice Staff T-Shirt at San Diego Comic-Con - June 18, 2018