Back in the beginning of February, Bleeding Cool reported (on a Reddit user noticing) that WWE superstar Eva Marie had removed all mention of WWE from her social media accounts. Eva Marie had, at that time and at this time, not appeared on WWE television since being suspended last August for violating WWE’s wellness policy, a policy that prevents WWE from looking too bad when wrestlers die young, murder their families, or both, by suspending them when they fail drug tests. In the time since, Eva Marie has dyed her trademark red hair black (your nickname can’t be “All Red Everything” if you don’t even have red hair), filmed several movies, and pretty much snubbed the hell out of WWE (and good for her – it’s nice for WWE go get a reminder once in a while that people can get along just fine without them).
— nemfashion (@nemfashionstore) March 27, 2017
Not much has changed since the initial report back in February, except that website Wrestling Inc. has reported all of that stuff again, and also added that they’re hearing rumors WWE won’t renew Eva Marie’s contract. The news has spread to all sorts of outlets:
Meanwhile, Eva Marie hasn’t even acknowledged anything having to do with wrestling, much less these rumors, even though it’s freaking Wrestlemania week, instead pimping her fashion line:
— Eva Marie (@natalieevamarie) March 27, 2017
You too, Eva Marie.
— Eva Marie (@natalieevamarie) March 28, 2017
Yeah, things aren’t looking great for fans hoping for Eva Marie to return to the ring… but not really any more or less great than they looked back in February. But hey, the only thing better than a hot news story grabbing all the clicks is the same hot news story you ran last month grabbing all the same clicks despite no real developments. Who are we to look a gift horse in the mouth?
- Ahead Of Total Divas Finale, Watch The Trailer For Eva Marie's New Movie: Inconceivable (Spoilers)
- ComiXology Debuts 2nd Wave of Originals from Humphries, Firmansyah, Seeley, Norton, Kearney, Nicholson, Visaggio, Vaughn, Sable, Donaldson, Trotman, Reed, Doolin, McDonald, and Crook - July 18, 2018
- Oni to Publish New Scott Pilgrim Collections for 15th Anniversary - July 18, 2018
- Dark Horse Announces New Comic Based on Tom Clancy’s The Division, Plus a Coffee Table Book - July 18, 2018
- Did Marvel Just Tease the Return of Uncanny X-Men? - July 18, 2018
- Titan Offers First Look at V.E. Schwab’s Shades of Magic: The Steel Prince Prequel Comic - July 18, 2018