VG24/7 are currently showing off some Japanese clips of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Nintendo Switch, and holy crap does the game look clean and awesome. Five small clips have made their way onto YouTube, none of them longer than 30 seconds, showing off variations of the new battle modes that are going to be coming. The clips featured in that link show off Piranha Plants vs Spies, Bob-omb Blast, Balloon Battle, Coin Runners, and Shine Thief as different variations of gameplay, no audio attached but the action looks lovely.
Of the five versions, Piranha Plants vs. Spies looks to be the most intriguing as it’s a team effort and not a free-for-all, which will require people to coordinate. So of course, it makes you wonder how people are going to be doing that since there’s no word of an in-game chat system. But I’m sure if there’s something planned for that, we’ll hear about it in the weeks to come. In any case, having the battle mode return is still going to be the best reason to snag the game.
- Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia To Hit North America - January 16, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Expansion “The Hidden Ones” Coming Next Week - January 16, 2018
- Capcom Releases A Launch Trailer & Intro Video For Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition - January 16, 2018
- WWE 2K18 Receives A New “Enduring Icons” Pack Today - January 16, 2018
- Jeff Kaplan Says Overwatch’s Next Hero Is “Meta Changing” - January 16, 2018