VG24/7 are currently showing off some Japanese clips of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Nintendo Switch, and holy crap does the game look clean and awesome. Five small clips have made their way onto YouTube, none of them longer than 30 seconds, showing off variations of the new battle modes that are going to be coming. The clips featured in that link show off Piranha Plants vs Spies, Bob-omb Blast, Balloon Battle, Coin Runners, and Shine Thief as different variations of gameplay, no audio attached but the action looks lovely.
Of the five versions, Piranha Plants vs. Spies looks to be the most intriguing as it’s a team effort and not a free-for-all, which will require people to coordinate. So of course, it makes you wonder how people are going to be doing that since there’s no word of an in-game chat system. But I’m sure if there’s something planned for that, we’ll hear about it in the weeks to come. In any case, having the battle mode return is still going to be the best reason to snag the game.
- Telltale Games Shows Off Harley Quinn In Latest ‘Batman’ Trailer - September 24, 2017
- Bandai Namco Show Off The Latest ‘Code Vein’ Trailer - September 23, 2017
- A Better Look At ‘Monster Hunter World’ From Tokyo Game Show - September 23, 2017
- Koei Tecmo Confirms ‘Attack On Titan 2’ For Multiple Systems - September 23, 2017
- Yamcha & Tien Share A ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ Trailer - September 23, 2017