VG24/7 are currently showing off some Japanese clips of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Nintendo Switch, and holy crap does the game look clean and awesome. Five small clips have made their way onto YouTube, none of them longer than 30 seconds, showing off variations of the new battle modes that are going to be coming. The clips featured in that link show off Piranha Plants vs Spies, Bob-omb Blast, Balloon Battle, Coin Runners, and Shine Thief as different variations of gameplay, no audio attached but the action looks lovely.
Of the five versions, Piranha Plants vs. Spies looks to be the most intriguing as it’s a team effort and not a free-for-all, which will require people to coordinate. So of course, it makes you wonder how people are going to be doing that since there’s no word of an in-game chat system. But I’m sure if there’s something planned for that, we’ll hear about it in the weeks to come. In any case, having the battle mode return is still going to be the best reason to snag the game.
- Sea Of Thieves Experiencing Server Issues on Opening Day - March 20, 2018
- Cloak and Dagger Coming to LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Sooner Than Expected - March 20, 2018
- Xbox’s Phil Spencer Says They’re Down for Banjo-Kazooie to Appear in Super Smash Bros. - March 20, 2018
- Fortress Festoon: Exploring Geeky Jewelry and Watches from ThinkGeek - March 20, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Announces New Wrocław Studio to Help Cyberpunk 2077 - March 20, 2018