A Silver Sable and Black Cat movie is in the works for Sony’s Spider-Man universe of films, according to a report from THR. In one of those rare announcements where you’ve actually heard of the scriptwriter, Christopher Yost, famous for his work in comics, animation, and Thor: The Dark World is writing the script, apparently based on a previous version from the co-creator of HBO’s Westworld, Lisa Joy. There’s no indication at this time that the untiled film centering on Silver Sable and Black Cat, along with the recently reinvigorated Venom spinoff, will take place in the same continuity as Spider-Man: Homecoming, and thus be tied to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but that’s a question that could be answered soon, as the film is reportedly looking to start shooting this fall. Either way, having Yost write the Silver Sable/Black Cat script seems like a positive move toward capturing the spirit of these characters from the comics and translating them to the big screen.
- Becky Lynch Could Be the Future of WWE… If They Don’t Screw It Up - November 13, 2018
- Female Furies: Cecil Castellucci and Adriana Melo Deconstruct Systemic Misogyny in Jack Kirby’s 4th World - November 12, 2018
- Wolverine and Loki Team Up in Wolverine: Infinity Watch in February - November 12, 2018
- Jordan White Cancels #XMenMonday Again, Promotes Music Career Instead - November 12, 2018
- Venom: Better Than Watchmen, More Successful Than Justice League? - November 12, 2018