A Silver Sable and Black Cat movie is in the works for Sony’s Spider-Man universe of films, according to a report from THR. In one of those rare announcements where you’ve actually heard of the scriptwriter, Christopher Yost, famous for his work in comics, animation, and Thor: The Dark World is writing the script, apparently based on a previous version from the co-creator of HBO’s Westworld, Lisa Joy. There’s no indication at this time that the untiled film centering on Silver Sable and Black Cat, along with the recently reinvigorated Venom spinoff, will take place in the same continuity as Spider-Man: Homecoming, and thus be tied to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but that’s a question that could be answered soon, as the film is reportedly looking to start shooting this fall. Either way, having Yost write the Silver Sable/Black Cat script seems like a positive move toward capturing the spirit of these characters from the comics and translating them to the big screen.
- X-ual Healing: Sabretooth Reveals His Softer Side in Weapon X #16 - April 22, 2018
- Are X-Men’s Kitty Pryde and Colossus Not Planning a Jewish Wedding? - April 22, 2018
- X-ual Healing: A Trip Down Memory Lane with a Detour on Flashback Blvd in Cable #156 - April 22, 2018
- X-ual Healing: X-Men Gold Finally Hits Its Stride in X-Men Gold #26 - April 21, 2018
- Those Nerds at Archaia Want You to Spend Your Summer Reading Graphic Novels - April 21, 2018