A Silver Sable and Black Cat movie is in the works for Sony’s Spider-Man universe of films, according to a report from THR. In one of those rare announcements where you’ve actually heard of the scriptwriter, Christopher Yost, famous for his work in comics, animation, and Thor: The Dark World is writing the script, apparently based on a previous version from the co-creator of HBO’s Westworld, Lisa Joy. There’s no indication at this time that the untiled film centering on Silver Sable and Black Cat, along with the recently reinvigorated Venom spinoff, will take place in the same continuity as Spider-Man: Homecoming, and thus be tied to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but that’s a question that could be answered soon, as the film is reportedly looking to start shooting this fall. Either way, having Yost write the Silver Sable/Black Cat script seems like a positive move toward capturing the spirit of these characters from the comics and translating them to the big screen.
- Paige Responds To Body-Shaming Tweets, Teases WWE Return - July 24, 2017
- Total Bellas Season 2 Gets Premiere Date And Trailer; Total Divas Season 7 Gets A Cast - July 24, 2017
- Next James Bond Film Gets A 2019 Release Date, Now Needs A James Bond - July 24, 2017
- Captain Marvel To Be Subsidized By Taxpayer Dollars - July 24, 2017
- Trial Begins For Cartoonist Musa Kart, Jailed For His Comics In Turkish Opposition Crackdown - July 24, 2017