A Silver Sable and Black Cat movie is in the works for Sony’s Spider-Man universe of films, according to a report from THR. In one of those rare announcements where you’ve actually heard of the scriptwriter, Christopher Yost, famous for his work in comics, animation, and Thor: The Dark World is writing the script, apparently based on a previous version from the co-creator of HBO’s Westworld, Lisa Joy. There’s no indication at this time that the untiled film centering on Silver Sable and Black Cat, along with the recently reinvigorated Venom spinoff, will take place in the same continuity as Spider-Man: Homecoming, and thus be tied to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but that’s a question that could be answered soon, as the film is reportedly looking to start shooting this fall. Either way, having Yost write the Silver Sable/Black Cat script seems like a positive move toward capturing the spirit of these characters from the comics and translating them to the big screen.
- Hasta La Vista, Sequels: New Terminator Will Ignore All Other Terminators But The First Two, Says Schwarzenegger - September 22, 2017
- Rian Johnson Manages To Complete A Star Wars Movie Without Getting Fired - September 22, 2017
- Doom Patrol Shocker: Next Three Issues Delayed, Again - September 22, 2017
- The Punisher To Premiere On Netflix Friday, October 13th, Claims Total Film Leak - September 22, 2017
- First Look At Rob Liefeld’s Walking Dead Tribute Variants For Youngblood #6 - September 22, 2017