Surpassing expectations by tens of millions of dollars, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast earned over $170 million this weekend, making it at least the seventh biggest opening of all time, though we’ll have to wait for final numbers to see if it can top Iron Man 3’s $174 million take. As predicted, Beauty and the Beast has taken Batman v. Superman’s crown as the biggest March opening of all time, and the domestic box office take makes it Disney’s biggest live-action release (not counting Marvel or Lucasfilm movies) ever, according to a report from the Los Angeles Times. It’s also the biggest opening starring Emma Watson, as it tops Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2’s $169 million take. Global box office take pushes Beauty and the Beast to more than $350 million so far, and it’s expected to make over a billion by the time all is said and done. Only Star Wars: The Force Awakens has a biggest box office opening that didn’t occur during the Summer season.
Kong: Skull Island and Logan, both number one movies in their openings, took the second and third spots this weekend, bringing their global totals to $259 million and $500 million respectively. Get Out continued to perform well as the number four movie this weekend, followed by The Shack and Lego Batman Movie. The Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn written The Belko Experiment, having the rather unfortunate distinction of opening this weekend against Beauty and the Beast, and earned just $4.1 million to take seventh place, but with a budget of just $5 million, that’s not too shabby.
- Did Donald Trump’s Lawyers Threaten To Have Bloom County Creator’s “**** In A Sling” Over A Facebook Meme? - May 25, 2017
- #Dive: Former WWE Superstar Ryback Says Indie Guys Who Have Never Been In Fights Are Ruining Pro Wrestling - May 25, 2017
- Separated At Birth: Is That Dementors From Harry Potter In Marvel’s All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy #2? (SPOILERS) - May 25, 2017
- Report: Rosario Dawson In Negotiation To Play Dr. Cecilia Reyes In Fox’s New Mutants - May 25, 2017
- Game Of Thrones Author George R. R. Martin And Jon Snow Actor Kit Harington Don’t Think Highly Of Donald Trump - May 25, 2017