It’s been a minute since we’ve heard anything related to Bryan Lee O’Malley‘s most well known comic book series, Scott Pilgrim. In fact, the last news we remember was seeing the full-color edition of Volume 6, which was released in April 2015, with O’Malley basically saying he was finished with all things Scott Pilgrim as he moved onto creating the awesome graphic novel Seconds. O’Malley may be done, but that doesn’t mean Oni Press is, as they’ve teamed together with Renegade Game Studios to create Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Card Game.
Keith Baker, who has had a hand in Dungeons & Dragons and Eberron, is the main designer behind this new game. Along with the image above, the company’s press release on the game included details about what you’ll be doing. “Players assume the roles of their favorite characters in the Scott Pilgrim universe, each of whom comes with a unique starting deck. Innovative double-sided cards let you decide whether to solve your problems with hard work and empathy, or whether to embrace the unpredictable world of gratuitous video game violence.”
O’Malley seems to have given the series his blessing, both in the release and promoting it on Twitter, so it’s not like the company was solely looking to make a quick cash grab on a property under their banner, they sought out his endorsement first. The game is set to be released this summer with a retail price of $45, designed for 2-6 players ages 13+. Though it’s unclear at this time if the game will be self-contained or if they’ll be planning expansions. Either way, I can say for certain that I want this in my home now.
- New Pokémon Job Listing Gives Hints to Nintendo Switch Game - March 16, 2018
- Sea Of Thieves Releases the Full List of Achievements - March 16, 2018
- Sonic Mania Plus Announced at SXSW with Physical Edition and New Characters - March 16, 2018
- Capcom Now Offering Character Editor Vouchers for Monster Hunter: World - March 16, 2018
- Nintendo Switch Sales Save Blossom Tales’ Devs from Shutting Down - March 16, 2018