Four years ago, Bleeding Cool reported that Smallville actor Michael Rosenbaum, who played Lex Luthor on the popular WB show, read for the part of Star Lord in the first Guardians of the Galaxy film.
— Michael Rosenbaum (@michaelrosenbum) January 3, 2013
As we all know now, Rosenbaum didn’t get the part, despite being pals with the director. But don’t let that cause your faith in nepotism to falter! It took about four years, but Rosenbaum has finally scored a significant role in the movie’s sequel, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, in theaters in May.
— Michael Rosenbaum (@michaelrosenbum) March 17, 2017
Rosenbaum’s role isn’t revealed yet, but director James Gunn called it “a pretty decent role” that “works in tandem” with Sylvester Stallone’s also unknown role on the Adam Carolla Show. Stallone’s role has been called “major,” which is a few notches above “pretty decent,” though there seems to be a good chance both roles will be characters familiar to comic book readers. However, in a follow-up tweet, Gunn upgraded Rosenbaum’s status to “major” as well:
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) March 18, 2017
So what are we thinking, people? Adam Warlock?
- Chelsea Cain Returns to Comics to “Make Trouble” with New Image Series ‘Man-Eaters’ - June 19, 2018
- John Cena’s Losing Streak Continues as He Settles Lawsuit Over Ford GT - June 19, 2018
- John Cena Would Do Anything for Love and Nikki Bella… Yes, Even That - June 18, 2018
- Paige Assaulted, Body-Shamed by WWE Fan After Money in the Bank - June 18, 2018
- Women of Wrestling Coming to AXS TV in 2019 - June 18, 2018