Four years ago, Bleeding Cool reported that Smallville actor Michael Rosenbaum, who played Lex Luthor on the popular WB show, read for the part of Star Lord in the first Guardians of the Galaxy film.
— Michael Rosenbaum (@mrosenbaum711) January 3, 2013
As we all know now, Rosenbaum didn’t get the part, despite being pals with the director. But don’t let that cause your faith in nepotism to falter! It took about four years, but Rosenbaum has finally scored a significant role in the movie’s sequel, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, in theaters in May.
— Michael Rosenbaum (@mrosenbaum711) March 17, 2017
Rosenbaum’s role isn’t revealed yet, but director James Gunn called it “a pretty decent role” that “works in tandem” with Sylvester Stallone’s also unknown role on the Adam Carolla Show. Stallone’s role has been called “major,” which is a few notches above “pretty decent,” though there seems to be a good chance both roles will be characters familiar to comic book readers. However, in a follow-up tweet, Gunn upgraded Rosenbaum’s status to “major” as well:
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) March 18, 2017
So what are we thinking, people? Adam Warlock?
- Ahead of Ultimate Deletion, Matt Hardy Seeks Advice from Giraffe to Defeat Bray Wyatt - March 17, 2018
- Nikki Bella vs Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 35? One Superstar Likes the Idea (and It’s Nikki Bella) - March 17, 2018
- Roman Reigns Defeats Steroid Scandal to Earn Title Shot at WrestleMania - March 17, 2018
- Joe Quesada Draws 3 Versions of Daredevil for Daredevil #600 Retailer Exclusive Variants - March 17, 2018
- Former WWE Superstar Grandmaster Sexay Badly Beaten in Hotel Room Brawl with Chase Stevens - March 17, 2018