Four years ago, Bleeding Cool reported that Smallville actor Michael Rosenbaum, who played Lex Luthor on the popular WB show, read for the part of Star Lord in the first Guardians of the Galaxy film.
— Michael Rosenbaum (@michaelrosenbum) January 3, 2013
As we all know now, Rosenbaum didn’t get the part, despite being pals with the director. But don’t let that cause your faith in nepotism to falter! It took about four years, but Rosenbaum has finally scored a significant role in the movie’s sequel, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, in theaters in May.
— Michael Rosenbaum (@michaelrosenbum) March 17, 2017
Rosenbaum’s role isn’t revealed yet, but director James Gunn called it “a pretty decent role” that “works in tandem” with Sylvester Stallone’s also unknown role on the Adam Carolla Show. Stallone’s role has been called “major,” which is a few notches above “pretty decent,” though there seems to be a good chance both roles will be characters familiar to comic book readers. However, in a follow-up tweet, Gunn upgraded Rosenbaum’s status to “major” as well:
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) March 18, 2017
So what are we thinking, people? Adam Warlock?
- Constantine and Batman Team Up in January; Will Everyone Keep Their Pants On? - October 15, 2018
- Now Marv Wolfman Gives Comics Retailers Their Own 100 Page Superman Exclusive - October 15, 2018
- Dark Horse Launches Tom Clancy’s The Division Comic in January - October 15, 2018
- Back From the Dead? Marvel Confirms Cyclops on the Cover of Uncanny X-Men #11 - October 15, 2018
- Undertaker OGN Reveals Why Knox County Mayor Kane Set Fire to Home [Spoilers] - October 15, 2018