Twitter was shaken to its foundations like the Marvel Universe during a super-mega-crossover event Wednesday night when legendary actor and comedian Eddie Murphy posted a tweet teasing a sequel to the 1988 comedy classic, Coming to America. Murphy (or whoever runs his account) quickly deleted the tweet, which may have been posted too early by mistake, and then the entire account, but it was too late. The secret was out, and now TMZ, who are usually right about things whatever you think of them, report that sources close to Murphy say he has been working on writing a sequel to the film, which is in very early stages of development. Further, star Vanessa Bell Calloway, who was pictured in the tweet, says she’s ready to sign on to the project:
We couldn’t agree more, and we can’t imagine anyone else would say no to this. Coming To America is a great film which not even we have anything bad to say about.
- DC Comics Urges Fans to Be Like Superman and #StandWithRefugees - June 20, 2018
- New Comics by Ben Passmore, Liz Prince, Mister Hayden Highlight Silver Sprocket’s Summer and Fall Releases - June 20, 2018
- Key Walking Dead Issues Get Blind Bag Edition Variants for Walking Dead Day - June 20, 2018
- DC Heroes in Crisis Has Some Competition in September From Dave Sim’s Cerebus - June 20, 2018
- Marvel Cancels Star Wars: Poe Dameron in September - June 19, 2018