Image Comics is announcing a sequel Bulletproof Coffin: The 1000 Yard Stare one-shot by David Hine and Shaky Kane, for June.
And it’s all rather meta.
When indie publisher Image Nation hires Shaky Kane to write and draw his own comic book, the artist finally finds himself free from the tedium of visualizing the geriatric ramblings of washed-up hack, David Hine. See the awful consequences as jealous rivalry leads to a bloody showdown on the convention floor.
“Not a dream! Not a hoax! Not an imaginary story! Hine and Kane are back in this warped tale of bruised egos, battered portfolios, and 2B pencils,” said Kane. “And wait until you read the comic-within-a-comic bonus feature ‘Hypno Vampires From The Stars’, a timely warning, torn from today’s headlines—You will Obey! You Will Obey!”
Just remember the last time comic creators at Image write themselves as the stars of a comic. Maybe watch the trans language?
A BULLETPROOF COFFIN: THE 1,000 YARD STARE one-shot (Diamond Code APR170734) will hit stores on Wednesday, June 7th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, May 15th.
- All Six Age Of X-Man Spinoff Series Revealed For February - November 16, 2018
- Catwoman #6 Gets a Christmas Variant Cover From Stanley ‘Artgerm’ Lau - November 16, 2018
- Matt Lucas, Michael Socha, Steven Mangan Star in Tony Lee’s Dodge & Twist - November 16, 2018
- Thank FOC It’s Friday #3 – FOC’ing Is Your Superpower - November 16, 2018
- Marvel Turn Conan the Barbarian Into Conan the Librarian With Free Sword Bookmarks - November 16, 2018