Image Comics is announcing a sequel Bulletproof Coffin: The 1000 Yard Stare one-shot by David Hine and Shaky Kane, for June.
And it’s all rather meta.
When indie publisher Image Nation hires Shaky Kane to write and draw his own comic book, the artist finally finds himself free from the tedium of visualizing the geriatric ramblings of washed-up hack, David Hine. See the awful consequences as jealous rivalry leads to a bloody showdown on the convention floor.
“Not a dream! Not a hoax! Not an imaginary story! Hine and Kane are back in this warped tale of bruised egos, battered portfolios, and 2B pencils,” said Kane. “And wait until you read the comic-within-a-comic bonus feature ‘Hypno Vampires From The Stars’, a timely warning, torn from today’s headlines—You will Obey! You Will Obey!”
Just remember the last time comic creators at Image write themselves as the stars of a comic. Maybe watch the trans language?
A BULLETPROOF COFFIN: THE 1,000 YARD STARE one-shot (Diamond Code APR170734) will hit stores on Wednesday, June 7th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, May 15th.
- Cerebus Gives Us ‘Dates Of Future Past’ in May - February 23, 2018
- Loot Crate Ditches The Catalogue in February 2018 Protect Unboxing - February 23, 2018
- DC Comics Leaves Diamond Previews Catalogue, Launches Its Own - February 23, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Relaunch Captain America #1 On the Fourth Of July, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018