Image Comics is announcing a sequel Bulletproof Coffin: The 1000 Yard Stare one-shot by David Hine and Shaky Kane, for June.
And it’s all rather meta.
When indie publisher Image Nation hires Shaky Kane to write and draw his own comic book, the artist finally finds himself free from the tedium of visualizing the geriatric ramblings of washed-up hack, David Hine. See the awful consequences as jealous rivalry leads to a bloody showdown on the convention floor.
“Not a dream! Not a hoax! Not an imaginary story! Hine and Kane are back in this warped tale of bruised egos, battered portfolios, and 2B pencils,” said Kane. “And wait until you read the comic-within-a-comic bonus feature ‘Hypno Vampires From The Stars’, a timely warning, torn from today’s headlines—You will Obey! You Will Obey!”
Just remember the last time comic creators at Image write themselves as the stars of a comic. Maybe watch the trans language?
A BULLETPROOF COFFIN: THE 1,000 YARD STARE one-shot (Diamond Code APR170734) will hit stores on Wednesday, June 7th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, May 15th.
- Blackbird by Sam Humphries and Jen Bartel Ties Returnability to The Wicked + The Divine - August 20, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics November 2018 Solicitations - August 20, 2018
- Gerry Duggan Writes to Retailers About Dead Rabbit and Analog - August 20, 2018
- Malorie Blackman, Joy Wilkinson, Pete McTighe, Vinay Patel and Ed Hime to Write for Jodie Whittaker’s Doctor Who Season 13 - August 20, 2018
- Iceman Brings Back Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends - August 20, 2018