In a good news / bad news announcement, FX has ordered a second season of their new series Legion. The series starring Dan Stevens as David Haller from the X-Men franchise won’t return until 2018… that’s the bad news.
Diagnosed with schizophrenia, David realizes that the voices in his head aren’t because of mental illness, but because he’s a mutant. With his girlfriend and fellow mutant Syd (Rachel Keller), he finds his way to a therapist (Jean Smart) who means to help him control his powers and be safe.
Legion is from Noah Hawley, who also leads Fargo for FX.
Eric Schrier, President of original programming at FX, said this in a statement:
The first season of Legion was a stunning achievement. More than a new series, Legion is a wholly original take on the super hero genre. Our thanks to Noah Hawley for taking the creative risks and shattering expectations. It’s a privilege to work again with Noah, his producing partners, the outstanding cast and our partners at Marvel Television on another season of Legion.
Legion airs Wednesdays at 10 PM on FX. After tonight, there are only 2 episodes left in season 1.
- Showtime Orders Pilot For Ben Affleck/Matt Damon ’90s Crime Drama ‘City On A Hill’ - July 27, 2017
- Patty Jenkins And Chris Pine Reunite, But Not For Wonder Woman 2 (Yet) - July 27, 2017
- Tim Miller, Stefan Kapicic, And Rob Liefeld Commentary The Deadpool Honest Trailer - July 27, 2017
- Early NFL Power Rankings – The Frozen Tundra Of The NFC North - July 26, 2017
- Valiant Expands Merchandise and Collectibles To A Global Market - July 26, 2017