It seems like it was only last week that legendary actor Sir Patrick Stewart announced his retirement from playing the role of Charles Xavier in the X-Men films. This may be because it was just last week that Patrick Stewart announced his retirement from playing Charles Xavier in the X-Men films. But who cares how long it’s been? What’s important is that, at long last, that retirement might finally be over!
Stewart recently appeared in a Facebook Q&A for MTV where he revealed that he would consider coming out of X-Men retirement to play Charles Xavier again in a Deadpool movie. Asked again if Logan was his final turn as the character, Stewart had a different answer this time:
I would have said yes, but the discussion just now about Deadpool makes me think, well, maybe there is a proper justification for the revival of Charles Xavier.
It would be a shame if Fox were to let this opportunity slip away, so hopefully the producers of Deadpool are already contacting Stewart to arrange this team-up.
- Michael Che and Colin Jost Promoted to Co-Head Writers of Saturday Night Live - December 12, 2017
- BOOM! to Publish ‘Adventure Time: BMO Bonanza’ One-Shot in March - December 12, 2017
- Hope Summers Returns in Cable #155 with New Creative Team of Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, German Peralta - December 12, 2017
- 4 Mark Brooks Covers for Avengers: No Surrender in March, Plus Nick Bradshaw’s February Variants - December 12, 2017
- Vault Renames ‘Return of the Graveyard Gang’ to ‘Return to Whisper’ in Deference to Webcomic - December 12, 2017