Dark Horse has announced a new partnership with the popular cult-hit comedy series Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) to produce a new comic series and a line of products. If you’re not familiar with MST3K, I’m just going to take your geek cred card back… The once cable access to Comedy Central by way of SciFi series features Joel, a tech sent up onto the Satellite of Love as an experiment to watch horrible movies and see if they could drive him insane. Joel decides to use parts from the satellite to build a series of robots: Cambot, Gypsy, Tom Servo and Crow. They keep him company and watch the movies with him, making witty, sarcastic and humorous comments through out the film. Over time Joel is replaced by Mike and the folks doing the torture change… but the premise remains… horribly bad movies are showed and picked on.
The series is being revived through a successful kickstarter which raised over $6 Million for new episodes. Dark Horse is one of a number of licensees to sign on for the MST3K consumer product program. Randy Stradley, Dark Horse’s VP of Publishing, will be helming the partnership, saying that he originally started looking into the license back in 1993. Good things come to those who wait.
Neither Mitchell nor Rowsdower were available for comment.
- Dark Horse Hits ECCC With Hours And Hours Of Signings And Panels - February 26, 2017
- What Other Characters Could Return To Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD - February 26, 2017
- Kotobukiya Unveils ARTFX+ 1/10th Scale Oswald Cobblepot Statue From Gotham - February 26, 2017
- Bill Paxton Already Finished Filming First Season Of Training Day - February 26, 2017
- Game Of Thrones/Doctor Who Actor Neil Fingleton Dead At Age 36 - February 26, 2017