Dark Horse has announced a new partnership with the popular cult-hit comedy series Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) to produce a new comic series and a line of products. If you’re not familiar with MST3K, I’m just going to take your geek cred card back… The once cable access to Comedy Central by way of SciFi series features Joel, a tech sent up onto the Satellite of Love as an experiment to watch horrible movies and see if they could drive him insane. Joel decides to use parts from the satellite to build a series of robots: Cambot, Gypsy, Tom Servo and Crow. They keep him company and watch the movies with him, making witty, sarcastic and humorous comments through out the film. Over time Joel is replaced by Mike and the folks doing the torture change… but the premise remains… horribly bad movies are showed and picked on.
The series is being revived through a successful kickstarter which raised over $6 Million for new episodes. Dark Horse is one of a number of licensees to sign on for the MST3K consumer product program. Randy Stradley, Dark Horse’s VP of Publishing, will be helming the partnership, saying that he originally started looking into the license back in 1993. Good things come to those who wait.
Neither Mitchell nor Rowsdower were available for comment.
- NFL Draft 2017: The Future Is Now – Live Blog - April 27, 2017
- Luke Cage, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Indiana Jones – The Previous Development Hells - April 27, 2017
- What If Sean Spicer Became A Freelance PR Spokesman? - April 27, 2017
- Lucifer Returns With A Surprise Announcement - April 27, 2017
- A New Art Book For Fans Of Street Fighter - April 27, 2017