Dark Horse has announced a new partnership with the popular cult-hit comedy series Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) to produce a new comic series and a line of products. If you’re not familiar with MST3K, I’m just going to take your geek cred card back… The once cable access to Comedy Central by way of SciFi series features Joel, a tech sent up onto the Satellite of Love as an experiment to watch horrible movies and see if they could drive him insane. Joel decides to use parts from the satellite to build a series of robots: Cambot, Gypsy, Tom Servo and Crow. They keep him company and watch the movies with him, making witty, sarcastic and humorous comments through out the film. Over time Joel is replaced by Mike and the folks doing the torture change… but the premise remains… horribly bad movies are showed and picked on.
The series is being revived through a successful kickstarter which raised over $6 Million for new episodes. Dark Horse is one of a number of licensees to sign on for the MST3K consumer product program. Randy Stradley, Dark Horse’s VP of Publishing, will be helming the partnership, saying that he originally started looking into the license back in 1993. Good things come to those who wait.
Neither Mitchell nor Rowsdower were available for comment.
- Flash Season 4: Barry Allen Will Serve His Time if Convicted of Murder - January 16, 2018
- James Bond: The Body #1 and Other Dynamite Previews - January 16, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Amy Chu Talks Dejah Thoris #0 - January 16, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3, Episode 10 Recap: Legion of Super-Heroes - January 16, 2018
- NFL Post Mortem – the 2017 Kansas City Chiefs - January 15, 2018