In June of last year, while on the Fatman on Batman podcast, Marvel’s Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada told Kevin Smith that the much disputed rights to Namor: The Sub-Mariner had reverted back to Marvel. He had been locked up for years at Universal and then for a while it was unclear exactly who owned the rights. But Quesada’s statement seems to indicated that the mess had been cleaned up. This is an important thing to keep in mind since there is a fun new rumor swirling around.
Now, where is the rumor coming from? A twitter account for Reel News Hawaii is talking about both Sub-Mariner and Aquaman filming in the Aloha State.
There’s buzz around the island that two rival productions could be swimming on our waters. “Aquaman” & “Submariner”. Fingers crossed! pic.twitter.com/1WLbZkWJAN
— Reel News Hawaii (@reelnewshawaii) February 15, 2017
Reel New Hawaii does have some credibility, being the first site to report that the Inhumans would be filming on the islands. And I could see Marvel wanting to get their undersea hero underway before DC’s makes his big screen debut. But Marvel’s film slate is jammed packed for the next few years, I’m not sure they could wedge another film in before well into the next decade. Netflix has a pretty full dance card and the Inhumans (ABC) and Cloak & Dagger (Freeform) are on their way… leaving the TV landscape pretty full as well.
I would take this rumor with a sea full of salt.
- Supergirl Season 3 Casts Amy Jackson As Saturn Girl - September 25, 2017
- Jerry Richardson, Former NFL Player And Current Owner, Fears Politicizing The Game - September 25, 2017
- Legends Of Tomorrow Season 3: Dominic Purcell Says The First Two Episodes Are “Crackers” - September 25, 2017
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Shows Support For Protesting NFL Players - September 25, 2017
- Arrow Season 6 – Will We Get A Black Siren Vs Black Canary Rematch? - September 25, 2017