Last year, DC Comics published a new line of Warner Bros-owned Hanna-Barbera titles which radically transformed the characters. A post apocalyptic Scooby Doo and Wacky Raceland, a universe of Future Quest, a post-modern prehistoric Flintstones and, to come, a gay southern playwright Snagglepuss and WWII fighter aces Dastardly and Muttley.
Now, announced to retailers at ComicsPRO, DC Comics is to do the same to the Looney Toons, also owned by Warner Bros. So that’s Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Tweety Bird, Sylvester the Cat, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, Pepé Le Pew, Speedy Gonzales, Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, the Tasmanian Devil and many others.
Put through some horrible, disfiguring but possibly also celebrating filter…
Look for more details to be announced soon. And you can catch up with everything else going down at ComicsPRO here.
UPDATE: And we have both visuals and details of what is clearly DC Comics VS Looney Tunes
- Jonah Hex Vs Yosemite Sam.
- Martian Manhunter Vs Marvin the Martian.
- Lobo Vs The Road Runner.
- Batman Vs Elmer Fudd.
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018
- John Nee is the New Publisher of Marvel Comics - January 16, 2018