Last year, DC Comics published a new line of Warner Bros-owned Hanna-Barbera titles which radically transformed the characters. A post apocalyptic Scooby Doo and Wacky Raceland, a universe of Future Quest, a post-modern prehistoric Flintstones and, to come, a gay southern playwright Snagglepuss and WWII fighter aces Dastardly and Muttley.
Now, announced to retailers at ComicsPRO, DC Comics is to do the same to the Looney Toons, also owned by Warner Bros. So that’s Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Tweety Bird, Sylvester the Cat, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, Pepé Le Pew, Speedy Gonzales, Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, the Tasmanian Devil and many others.
Put through some horrible, disfiguring but possibly also celebrating filter…
Look for more details to be announced soon. And you can catch up with everything else going down at ComicsPRO here.
UPDATE: And we have both visuals and details of what is clearly DC Comics VS Looney Tunes
- Jonah Hex Vs Yosemite Sam.
- Martian Manhunter Vs Marvin the Martian.
- Lobo Vs The Road Runner.
- Batman Vs Elmer Fudd.
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018