Last year, DC Comics published a new line of Warner Bros-owned Hanna-Barbera titles which radically transformed the characters. A post apocalyptic Scooby Doo and Wacky Raceland, a universe of Future Quest, a post-modern prehistoric Flintstones and, to come, a gay southern playwright Snagglepuss and WWII fighter aces Dastardly and Muttley.
Now, announced to retailers at ComicsPRO, DC Comics is to do the same to the Looney Toons, also owned by Warner Bros. So that’s Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Tweety Bird, Sylvester the Cat, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, Pepé Le Pew, Speedy Gonzales, Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, the Tasmanian Devil and many others.
Put through some horrible, disfiguring but possibly also celebrating filter…
Look for more details to be announced soon. And you can catch up with everything else going down at ComicsPRO here.
UPDATE: And we have both visuals and details of what is clearly DC Comics VS Looney Tunes
- Jonah Hex Vs Yosemite Sam.
- Martian Manhunter Vs Marvin the Martian.
- Lobo Vs The Road Runner.
- Batman Vs Elmer Fudd.
- How Tom King And Mikel Janin Homaged The First Appearances Of Joker And Riddler In Batman #25 - June 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Publish Batman Lost And Hawkman Found One-Shots For Dark Nights: Metal - June 23, 2017
- Greg Pak Is Joined By Hit Artists TBD And TBD For Weapon X Not-A-Relaunch For Marvel Legacy - June 23, 2017
- Antarctic Press Publishes ‘President Pence’, And Other Solicits For September 2017 - June 23, 2017
- Feel The Force of A New Jedi’s Effect On Advance Reorders - June 23, 2017