Zack Snyder’s 2013 tribute to Ayn Rand, Man of Steel, has just had its neck figuratively snapped at the box office, according to a report from Forbes. With $669.7 million dollars made globally so far, Doctor Strange has now surpassed Man of Steel’s $668 million take. For comparison, Doctor Strange is, at best, a b-list character in the Marvel stable of intellectual properties, while Superman is one of DC’s top two most recognizable characters, along with Batman.
Fans of Zack Snyder’s grim and gritty blue boy scout still have something to rejoice about, however. Man of Steel’s domestic box office take still beats Doctor Strange, $291 million to $231.9 million. So Americans prefer Man of Steel over Doctor Strange, at least. Then again, Americans also preferred Donald Trump for president (unless you count that pesky popular vote), so there’s no accounting for taste.
Now, if you’ll excuse, we’re going to hide behind a large rock and watch the comments of this article from afar.
- After Joss Whedon Reshoots, Justice League Runtime Now 50 Minutes Shorter - October 21, 2017
- Focusing On The Important Stuff, Impact Wrestling Asks Fans To Choose Official Impact Pizza - October 21, 2017
- WWE Superstars The New Day And Zack Ryder Visit Funko Headquarters - October 21, 2017
- Will Conrad Joins Action Comics Creative Team Earlier Than Expected - October 21, 2017
- Warner Bros Optimistically Working On Justice League Sequel, Still Working On The Batman Script - October 21, 2017