Zack Snyder’s 2013 tribute to Ayn Rand, Man of Steel, has just had its neck figuratively snapped at the box office, according to a report from Forbes. With $669.7 million dollars made globally so far, Doctor Strange has now surpassed Man of Steel’s $668 million take. For comparison, Doctor Strange is, at best, a b-list character in the Marvel stable of intellectual properties, while Superman is one of DC’s top two most recognizable characters, along with Batman.
Fans of Zack Snyder’s grim and gritty blue boy scout still have something to rejoice about, however. Man of Steel’s domestic box office take still beats Doctor Strange, $291 million to $231.9 million. So Americans prefer Man of Steel over Doctor Strange, at least. Then again, Americans also preferred Donald Trump for president (unless you count that pesky popular vote), so there’s no accounting for taste.
Now, if you’ll excuse, we’re going to hide behind a large rock and watch the comments of this article from afar.
- Dark Horse Comes to Madefire Just in Time for the Holidays - December 13, 2017
- Oni Press Announces Summer 2018 Collections: Letter 44, Brobots, Junior Braves of the Apocalypse - December 13, 2017
- Gerry Duggan and Aaron Kuder to Disassemble the Guardians of the Galaxy in Infinity Countdown - December 13, 2017
- WWE Launches Interactive Mixed Tag Tournament Show on Facebook - December 13, 2017
- Michael Che and Colin Jost Promoted to Co-Head Writers of Saturday Night Live - December 12, 2017