Earlier today, we told you about Peter Capaldi’s pick for the next doctor: Frances de la Tour, known for her role in the UK sitcom Rising Damp, as well as for playing Madame Maxime in the Harry Potter movies. Billie Piper, who played Rose Tyler, the Doctor’s first post-revival companion in 2005, alongside Ninth Doctor Christopher Eccleston and carrying into David Tennant’s tenure. Piper herself was even the subject of rumors she would be the first female Doctor back in 2006, but following the announcement of Capaldi’s departure, Piper has called for his replacement to be a woman.
I’ve always supported the original format but I don’t know where they can go from here. I think it would be great [to have a female Doctor] given the spirit of the world at the moment. I think it would be timely.
But as to whether she would be up for the job, Piper won’t do it:
I wouldn’t like that responsibility, it’s just too enormous, it’s so much work.
Doctor Who season ten will air in April. During the next Christmas special in December, Peter Capaldi will reportedly regenerate into the next Doctor. Who will it be? We’ve got lots of time to milk this speculation, and we plan to do just that. We’ve published two articles in the last hour alone!
- After Avengers: Infinity War… Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet?! - April 24, 2017
- Is Matthew Rosenberg Angling For Job As The Next Thor Variant Cover Artist? - April 24, 2017
- Dressage Update: Ahead Of Filming Rampage Movie, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Visits Ranch For Horseplay - April 24, 2017
- “What Might I Call You?” Some Takeaways From American Gods’ First Episode. The Bone Orchard - April 24, 2017
- Jeremy Whitley Responds To Frank Cho’s Unstoppable Wasp Blank Sketch Variant, Or Just Luke Cage Talking About Butts - April 24, 2017