The protest at the Baltimore/Washington International Airport is continuing, and our intrepid Lauren Sisselman is there as part of the supporters. Reports from around the BWI region suggest that hundreds of additional supporters are still en-route to join. So far the protests, as they were yesterday, are going peacefully, with airport administrators working with the protestors to establish safe parameters from which both sides (the protestors as well as police) can operate safely.
Congressman John Sarbanes has arrived on scene as well and has been speaking with the press and with the protestors in support of their actions. The video below shows him speaking to a local outlet, and when asked by the reporter, “do you think there’s some middle ground on this?” He responds:
Look, we always have to strive for a middle in this country. It’s only in building a consensus that we can have a successful policy. And this executive order.. it doesn’t meet that standard, and I think that’s why people are out here.
- Deadpool 2 Review: Your Friend With Benefits Who Does That Thing You Like - May 17, 2018
- Date and Location Announced for Star Wars Celebration 2019! - May 16, 2018
- First Season of Amazon’s Lord of the Rings Series to Center on a Young Aragorn - May 16, 2018
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Review – Lando Rocks, Solo’s Fine, and Star Wars Lives On [Spoiler Free] - May 15, 2018
- Superman Actress Margot Kidder Passes Away at 69 - May 14, 2018